Sandblasting supplies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandblasting supplies?

I have a sandblaster for my air compressor. Last summer I put the wrong (playground sand) in it & I haven't went to get the correct media for it yet cause I haven't needed it yet. I have a coupel questions about it now that I might be using it soon.

The tip on my gun looks to be ceramic & has chips in it (from dropping it I guess). Where can you buy these tips around here?

Where can you buy media (besides tractor supply)?

What is the best way to "collect" this media while you're spraying?
    I have to blast a large hood soon & was thinking a tarp might work?

I believe McLaughlin Enterprises on Yankee Rd, south of Oxford State Rd sells blasting media. East side of Yankee, close to the RR tracks. It would be close to you. I thought they recycle different media and sell it.

I know a guy with a waterjet machine that buys all of his media in Cincinnati. If I am wrong on the first company above, let me know and I can get his supplier's name for you. I would hope there is someone else closer.

John
    sigpic1950 CJ3A. Oddfire 225 V6, T-86 transmission, Dana 18 transfer case, 4 wheel disc brakes, locked front and rear. Manual saginaw steering. Warn winch, 9,000#.

Comment

Grainger here by union center should have it.
      sigpic

Comment

any KOI carries it as well, or at least the ones over here do...

Comment

Originally posted by redcj3a View Post
          I believe McLaughlin Enterprises on Yankee Rd, south of Oxford State Rd sells blasting media. East side of Yankee, close to the RR tracks. It would be close to you. I thought they recycle different media and sell it.

I know a guy with a waterjet machine that buys all of his media in Cincinnati. If I am wrong on the first company above, let me know and I can get his supplier's name for you. I would hope there is someone else closer.

John

Thanks, I checkout McLaughlin, I only live about 2 blocks from there on the other side of Oxford State.

Comment

How would you feel about a bunch of free blast sand ? We use it at work until it gets too dull , should still strip paint and remove rust just fine.

Only downfall is it's in 35gal paper drums .... 35gal+9lbs per gal.= HEAVY!

Jeff
            Last edited by JeffK5; 10-11-2007, 05:26 PM. Reason: Kant spel!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK5 View Post
              How would you feel about a bunch of free blast sand ? We use it at work until it gets too dull , should still strip paint and remove rust just fine.

Only downfall is it's in 35gal paper drums .... 35gal+9lbs per gal.= HEAVY!

Jeff
              Send me your number, I'll come get a drum! (somehow, lol)

Comment

You should have PM.

I have a drum of grit , looks like it has been used once.

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                X