haspin recap 10/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• haspin recap 10/14

Well my self and John(lilbluexj) went up to haspin for the day to break in his jeep. It was probably the most dry I have ever seen it there. dusty as all could be but almost zero mud. once we got unloaded and situated we dropped down into the creek and fallowed that for about 3-5 minutes playing on the rocks when John hit the lower link for his steering causing it to bend and make his jeep pigeon towed. Luckily it still drove enough to get it out of where we were and to the trailer. I ran my jeep for awhile and after getting bored with everything I started just trying any hill I could find, I found a little thing to play on but everytime I got to the very top I would get stopped and just spin. I tried that several times and eventually made it up. I romped on it to get going and the RPMs came up to around 3-4k but there was no power and I wasnt moving hardly. I babied mine back to the trailer and we ended there. Probably didnt play around much more then 2-3 hours tops. Kind of dissapointing. I think I toasted my torqueconverter or something, I am going to drop it off at danco in the morning and see what they say about it.
    Attached Files
    I believe this will be our finest hour

Which danco are you going to? Mine is at the one on rt.4 in fairfield! They gave me funny looks when I dropped it off
    sigpic

Comment

I had planned to go to the one in fairfield

Comment

Sounds like the trip didnt go as well as was planned!
        Let me know the final results of the carnage. Sounds like a bad motor or tranny problem or possibly it may be just a clogged cat or dead TPS sensor?

If you guys need parts like a tie rod or torque converter give me a call!

Is Danco a reliable tranny shop? The only tranny shop I've ever been to tried to screw me on a tranny job. Said my van needed a new tranny right away (said it was about to go out), I'm still driving it 5 years later... I do ALL my own work since then.
        Last edited by jfiscus; 10-15-2007, 10:03 AM. Reason: addition

Comment

For mine it's a punctured fuel tank and the bent tie rod. As far as the tie rod goes i was thinking of doing the 1 ton conversion with the DOM tubing to add extra strength so I hopefully don't have this problem again. The fuel tank on the other hand i'm still in search of. I really need to get that taken care of cause right now it's sitting in front of the house leaking the rest of the 3/4 tank of full that's in it. Slow leak but still enough to upset you. :mad:

I got about 45 minutes out of it before problems started to occur. It did pretty good though for the little I have into it. I'm pleased with it. Hopefully next time I can go without breaking anything.
          2006 Chevy Tahoe Z71
          2010 Harley Street Glide

Comment

Truggy I saw your rig up there, it looked like your stak was leaking. What did they find out was wrong?

Originally posted by jfiscus View Post
            Sounds like the trip didnt go as well as was planned!
            Let me know the final results of the carnage. Sounds like a bad motor or tranny problem or possibly it may be just a clogged cat or dead TPS sensor?

If you guys need parts like a tie rod or torque converter give me a call!

Is Danco a reliable tranny shop? The only tranny shop I've ever been to tried to screw me on a tranny job. Said my van needed a new tranny right away (said it was about to go out), I'm still driving it 5 years later... I do ALL my own work since then.

This danco is very reliable, two of my buddies just had their trannys done in their trucks by them and they run great now. I couldnt get the tranny to act up for them while it was there, they hooked it up to some machine and said the pressure was on the low side and is usually an early sign that it is starting to fail. I am going to replace the fule filter and see if I can find a used tranny to swap in this winter. It could be a TPS, havent checked it yet. The cat is no longer there

Comment

Danco in fairfield only pulls the trannies out. Their shop off of northland is the one that will rebuild em. They have done all of my built transmissions in various rigs and dyno test them on a huge electric motor which is fun to watch! I have to fix the leak on the front output of the stak and the hydraulic steering ram from howe before I leave friday. Are you guys going with us? (scarface)
              sigpic

Comment

No I will not be able to make it, stuck out of town all week and wont be back till late friday then I leave again early sunday

Comment

Hopefully one of these days I will make it out there!! Lilbluexj it looks like your jeep did really well even if it was just for a bit. This was just a test run anyways, next time will be much better, and hopefully I will be out with you guys then to!
                  '84 Cherokee body welded to an '86 Blazer frame , fuel injected 350, 700r4 trans, np208 t-case, 44 front and a welded 14 bolt in the rear on 35" boggers, radiator in the rear, and a full cage

Comment

I had a good time. It was pretty much more or less a test run. I would like to take one leaf out of each side to get better flex. We made them too stiff. I'm thinking about going out on the 3rd for the Toys for Tots thing. We can try to get your shock mount welded back up so it's ready to go again. Just let me know.
                    2006 Chevy Tahoe Z71
                    2010 Harley Street Glide

Comment

Yea I really want to get my shock situation finished. We just need to get that welder working!! I'm itching to get out with you guys!
                      Let me know when you are going to take out a those leafs, I will give you hand.
                      '84 Cherokee body welded to an '86 Blazer frame , fuel injected 350, 700r4 trans, np208 t-case, 44 front and a welded 14 bolt in the rear on 35" boggers, radiator in the rear, and a full cage

Comment

Did he hit his steering on that one rock hill right off of the main trail?
                        I hit my diff real good there last time at Haspin, completely unexpectedly too.

Comment

no he hit it on a rock ledge in the creek

Comment

Working...
                          X