Looking to buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to buy

I'm looking to buy a Rzr Xp 900 here in the next month. I was going to get a XP 1000, but with all the goodies I wanted it was like 25k, so I'm going used with some goodies already on it.

I really don't that much about them so maybe you guys can tell me if they are worth it. What is too many miles or hours? Am I better off getting a low mile one and build it my self, or a higher mile one that has been built up already?

Out of these, which are the best deals.

#1 http://louisville.craigslist.org/sno/4433835015.html

#2 Gone

#3 http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/sno/4422038581.html

#4 http://lexington.craigslist.org/sno/4445588530.html

#5 Gone

#6 http://lexington.craigslist.org/sno/4454934158.html
    Last edited by 93 Krawler; 05-28-2014, 12:39 PM.

I can't offer any info on which is a better deal, but I have been thinking about getting one also. I'd like to hear opinions on this too.

Comment

I have a 2012 for sale with 300+ miles, roof with stereo and led lights, doors, harness', custom felt steering wheel and hub, bumpers, front and rear windows, cargo box, shoulder bag...etc

$14,000

Byron
      513-470-848zero
      Attached Files

Comment

Be careful where you buy one from. Being from Morehead, KY I can say that most folks there know how to use their stuff and use it often. If you buy one from Cincinnati...etc, it will most likely have been a toy rather than a workhorse.

I would shy away from a unit with modified stock components (chopped cages) and look at ones that have custom cages/bumpers with inspection. Doors, control arms and tires would also be on the desired upgrade list.
        1988 Suzuki Samurai on propane
        FJ 40 axles (4.10)
        5.14 tcase
        36" TSL SX

Comment

Me personally when I buy something used I want it with low miles and low hours.typically means it hasnt been rode hard and put up wet. But I know nothing about sxs.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by fordman00 View Post
            Me personally when I buy something used I want it with low miles and low hours.typically means it hasnt been rode hard and put up wet. But I know nothing about sxs.

My low miles on my machines usually mean that they are finished! My old 800 is at the salvage yard now as the new owner finished it off a few weeks ago. The 900's are a great bang for the buck! Good luck with your searches.
            sigpic

Comment

#2 or itlfli is my vote!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 94Dodge Truggy View Post
                My low miles on my machines usually mean that they are finished! My old 800 is at the salvage yard now as the new owner finished it off a few weeks ago. The 900's are a great bang for the buck! Good luck with your searches.
                Those were some HARD low miles. I suspect the 1000 is getting the same abuse...

Comment

Well obviously dont buy one from truggy.....lol

Comment

Originally posted by fordman00 View Post
                    Well obviously dont buy one from truggy.....lol

Yes you do,,,,,, the parts form what ever he is saleing off

Comment

If you buy a XP900 there are a couple must check things.

1 Make sure if its a 11 that it has the updated firewall heat shield.

2 Check the intake track from the inlets on the rear fenders down to and through the throttle bodies...look for the tell tale signs of being mudded. The air filter set-up on the XP's is super picky and it passes lots of dirt if it isn't perfectly assembled. I looked at two used 900's with dusted TB's before I bought the one I have now. The 900 is a great power plant but is notorious for having no tolerance for dirt of any kind.

3 Check the motor and trans mounts very closely.. on 11's especially , they are known for breaking clean off if wheeled even moderately in rocky terrain as the engine block hangs down very low between the frame rails.

4 Pay very close attention to reverse engagement and free play ..the 900 has a less than smooth tranny but the first thing that starts going bad is the puny reverse chain.

That's all I can think off the top of my head .

Edit....Get a power steering model...once you really start wheeling it and adding big tires and more power / performance parts you'll wish you had.

And get a cover for your truck... you wouldn't be driving it much once you get a SxS.
                      Last edited by JeffK5; 05-19-2014, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Agreed. Low miles/hrs and but power steering model. I just put PS on my 800 S last week before a trip Tenn. Well worth it.

Comment

Another vote for itllfli's. I ride with him and it's not beat, mostly ridden on a local farm with no real big obstacles. Spends most of his time crawling at 5mph behind my jeep.

Comment

Originally posted by CFD5 View Post
                            Another vote for itllfli's. I ride with him and it's not beat, mostly ridden on a local farm with no real big obstacles. Spends most of his time crawling at 5mph behind my jeep.
                            If he still has it at the end of June I will check it out.

Comment

Also pay particular attention when starting 11&12 models...they had a threaded idler shaft that's prone to coming loose and destroying the case . If you catch it early on you can save it but if not you're writing a $1,500 check.

Comment

Working...
                              X