What is the current Slade "atmosphere"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the current Slade "atmosphere"

We have a group planning on going to Slade this fall, however we started hearing rumors about how the law was "hassling" everybody. Basically half of the group has decided to go elsewhere that weekend. I tend to think the stories are getting blown way out of proportion, and one of the locals who does some guiding said the same thing.

What are your thoughts on the current situation. Is it really any worse than years past?

Slade, red river and Livingston have been worse this year as far as ranger danger!
    sigpic

Comment

will let you know after
      Thanksgiving weekend......
      For you guys who can't drive, I have owned a frame rack for several years. Prices are based on your skill and ability to wreck it....

Comment

Some of Miami Valley went down last weekend and we did not see any rangers but found the Nature trail and Moonshine permanently closed.

We were told that during Labor day weekend that the rangers ticketed for driving up or down the creek, being on the Wall in the creek, no tags or insurance, and what ever else they felt like.

The weekend before the forth of July we were at Slade also and one of our group got told by a ranger at the Shell station to have a good time on the trails so it probably depends on the ranger you run in to.
        89 YJ EFI AMC 360, T18a, D20, built D44, 14 bolt, 38" Creepy Crawlers.

Comment

A group from our club went down there a couple of weeks ago (some guys did not go because of the rumors, and thus why I originally asked the question). They never saw any law enforcement.

The Nature Trail/Narrows has been closed for awhile, actually posted as being closed. I do not believe Moonshine is posted close but has a bunch of trees down making it impassable.

Comment

hilarious, cut down a bunch of huge old trees to lay across the trail, so WE don't mess up the area... classic.

Comment

Originally posted by carwash View Post
              hilarious, cut down a bunch of huge old trees to lay across the trail, so WE don't mess up the area... classic.

My thoughts exactly

Comment

Working...
              X