Trailer license

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailer license

I'm looking at getting a trailer but it has no title. How do you go about getting tags for a trailer without a title?
    2006 Chevy Tahoe Z71
    2010 Harley Street Glide

go get it weighed anywhere
    take the weight ticket to the DMV
    give them your SS# for a vin
    pay them
    For you guys who can't drive, I have owned a frame rack for several years. Prices are based on your skill and ability to wreck it....

Comment

tell them you built it
      For you guys who can't drive, I have owned a frame rack for several years. Prices are based on your skill and ability to wreck it....

Comment

Thank you.

What kinds of places would be good to have it weighed?
        2006 Chevy Tahoe Z71
        2010 Harley Street Glide

Comment

Originally posted by lilbluexj View Post
          I'm looking at getting a trailer but it has no title. How do you go about getting tags for a trailer without a title?
          Q34.

What are the procedures for titling and registering trailers in Ohio?

http://www.bmv.ohio.gov/title/title_faq.htm

A34.

If the trailer is not a travel trailer and weighs 4,000 pounds or less, you must obtain a weight slip on the trailer and then take that and proof of ownership to your Deputy Registrar's office and apply for plates and registration. If the trailer weighs 4,001 pounds or more, you would take proof of ownership and apply for Ohio title at any county title office.
          Unimog 406
          XJ with a bunch of stuff put on by somebody else

Comment

Ah Greg I wonder how you know so much about this?
            88 XJ - 5" lift - 35" BFG's - Bumpers - Rock Rails - Homebrewed OBA - Roof Rack - Tube Doors - Trimmed - Dented

87 XJ - D44 - Disco D30 - 235's - 231TC - Stock for now

Comment

Originally posted by RuffedUpXJ View Post
              Ah Greg I wonder how you know so much about this?
              Nate, I have a Lexis/Nexis account. Enter a few passwords and you're good to go. Actually, I know nothing but the passwords!

Fab gave the same answer with no passwords!
              Unimog 406

Comment

Originally posted by fabricator View Post
                tell them you built it
                This can make it hard to get insurance, mine is titled as home made also and Nationwide called me about it. Mine is just and old snowmobile trailer and everything was fine then.

Comment

Haven't had a problem with my gooseneck
                  which I did build.
                  been about 10 years, have Statefarm Ins.
                  Is good to know, anyway

Comment

Any feed/grain place has certified scales & some recycling/scrap places have them also. My trailer was home built & I took it & weighed it & went & got tags. I think it costs about $12 to have it weighed, but you only have to do this once.

Comment

Make very sure that it is not stolen and get the individuals info. who is selling it.
                      sigpic

Comment

Here's some suggested language if the vehicle is of the type that it has no title (consult your own attorney - no legal advice intended):

BILL OF SALE

KNOW ALL PERSONS BY THESE PRESENTS, that for one dollar and other good and valuable consideration, receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, the undersigned __________________________ ("seller"), does hereby grant, bargain, sell, transfer and deliver to _______________________________ ("grantee"), an individual, his heirs, executors, successors and assigns, the following described [trailer] [motor vehicle], to-wit:

[description]

And the said seller hereby covenants to and with the said grantee that the seller is the true and lawful owner of the above-described vehicle; that the seller has good right to sell the same free of all claims and liens.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the undersigned has hereunto set his hand this ___ day of __________, 200___.

Sworn before me a Notary Public in and for the county and state set forth below:

[get photocopy of seller’s driver’s license]
                        Unimog 406

Comment

Now if that isn't the berries, legal documents in the Jeep forums. Thanks Greg.

Comment

Working...
                          X