Lifted Cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifted Cat

Made a lift kit for my 4 seater. Have very little cost in it. I used steel I had laying around. Used a couple cutting disks, a grinding disk, some paint and a little weld wire. Its about a 3.25 inch lift
    Attached Files

Looks good.definatley need some bigger rubber though.

Comment

I can't keep the drive train together as is and the next size up tire is more than 100 bucks . I can't justify that much for 1 inch taller tire

Comment

What size tires are on it now? What did you do to lift it? Lower the shock mounts...

Comment

They are 26 inch. Front 9 inch wide rear is 11 I think. Yeah I made brackets to extend the shocks. Lowered the top of the back mounts and raised the front lower mounts

Oh 14 inch rims. Got to much invested in wheels to change rim size
          Last edited by Patrick45015; 08-04-2014, 11:46 AM.

Comment

I read that lifting them makes breaking axles easier. When my tires wear out, I'm going to 29's.

Comment

I'm on a wildcat forum. Been a fair amount of people that have done a 3.5 inch lift and haven't had more than normal axle issues. I had waited for results. The axle angle doesn't look to bad but we shall see. I already blew the gears in trans from stress I don't want to add even more weight to the wheel and break the gears sooner. Wildcat needs a separate trans divorced from engine but I have to deal with what I have

Comment

Is the trans issue from beating it or manufacturer flaw?

Comment

My opinion its designed for a quad not a sxs. Most of my riding is steep hills so I do put a lot of stress on drive train.

Comment

When I used to ride 4 wheelers back in the day it seemed like I spent more time working it than riding it, it sounds like I don't ever need 1 of these, if these have alot more power and weight then the math sounds simple, with my driving style it would stay broke most of the time.
                    No need for a Winch...You just have to make it !!

Comment

I have definitely broke some stuff but I do more with this than I ever did with my rail buggy and break much less. I had lost all confidence in my rail buggy. I would baby it to the point it was boring and still broke. I have been very happy overall. My rail would never do what this does. I expect a certain cost in doing what I do.

Comment

Damn..that thing looks like a stretch limo!

Comment

Yeah I call it limo cat

Comment

Working...
                          X