What's your "job"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your "job"?

So I don't know most of you too well and I was just wondering what you guys do for a living? I am about to graduate and was looking for some industry contacts to see how you may have landed your job. But mainly just to see what everyone does for a living.

I will start. I am a senior at Ohio Northern University for Mechanical Engineering and I graduate in May. So within the year hopefully something to do with a BSME.
    88 XJ - 5" lift - 35" BFG's - Bumpers - Rock Rails - Homebrewed OBA - Roof Rack - Tube Doors - Trimmed - Dented

87 XJ - D44 - Disco D30 - 235's - 231TC - Stock for now

I have a lawn service and machining facility in Fairfield. A friend of mine has a mechanical engineering degree and landed a good job at GE. If you are looking ruffedupxj that may be a place to check out.
    sigpic

Comment

right now i work at autozone... i quit my full time job to go to school(my old lady takes care of me), i am in my first quarter at UC Clermont for CAD, after i get my assoc. degree i am going to transfer to UC for mechanical engineering.
      if you can't fit it....FORCE IT!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Warehouse Manager at a Chemical Plant. Got my job the old fashion way. I parked my car at the end of the street and walked into every building along the way. I was offered 5 jobs out of about 15 buildings. Still not sure if I took the right one but that was ten years ago. I was originally hired as a QA inspector.

Paul

Comment

I work for an Audio Visual company, in Covington. We do provide gear and support for meetings and conventions across the country.

My job fell into my lap almost 12 years ago. I was working for Swallens until the day they closed. That day a friend called and said the company he worked for was looking to hire someone. That was a Thursday, I started the following Tuesday, been here ever since.
          Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it,
          But only you can feel the true warmth.

Comment

Originally posted by 94Dodge Truggy View Post
            I have a lawn service and machining facility in Fairfield. A friend of mine has a mechanical engineering degree and landed a good job at GE. If you are looking ruffedupxj that may be a place to check out.
            Yeah I have looked into GE but too hard so far. It would be nice to work there since if I got bored in one of the areas of ME i could change departments and keep all my pay and benefits. I think I am looking for a little bit of a smaller company.

Nate
            88 XJ - 5" lift - 35" BFG's - Bumpers - Rock Rails - Homebrewed OBA - Roof Rack - Tube Doors - Trimmed - Dented

87 XJ - D44 - Disco D30 - 235's - 231TC - Stock for now

Comment

If your looking for a Career. You might want to check out patent officer. Last I heard the Govt. was looking to hire 12000 new people with assorted engineering degrees. Starting pay was 70 grand. If it was good enough for Einstein it might be good enough for you.

It doesn't matter what kind of money one makes if the benefits aren't there walk away. Good 401K, Great Health Care, Sick Vacation Holiday pay, Continueing Education Program, heck evan a YMCA payed membership will outway any bonus as payment employment.

Comment

I'm a computer geek basically. Spend all day looking at EDI files for a member's vision insurance enrollment for my company. Been here 14 years. Started as a temp, and have just moved throughout the company.
                I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

I work in Graphic Design/Pre-Press for a local printing company. I get to draw on the computer & make sure everyone else's "poo" is converted correctly for printing on press.

I used to work for a Website Company before this, but I didn't like the sales calls that I had to make, plus the coding & server side was no fun to me. I just liked to draw & design so I got out of the web business.

Make sure you like your job most of all, great pay can't make up for a job you hate going to every day.

Comment

I am a plumber. I also deal with "poo" on a regular basis. Workin the family business. It has its moments.
                    91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

i'm work at the post office, it has its moments. overall i love it, today it's cold and windy, hence, the moments (i'm home for lunch right now).

greg
                      zuk buggy.....it'll be a jeep eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by mckeddie View Post
                        i'm work at the post office, it has its moments. overall i love it, today it's cold and windy, hence, the moments (i'm home for lunch right now).

greg
                        Let me know if you ever plan on going postal (corny but hopefully a bit funny)
                        sigpic

Comment

I work for the phone CO. ATT

It has it days

Comment

I recently retired from the Middletown Fire Department. I'm currently running for the School Board here in Middletown. When the election is over, I can begin to look for some type of other work. I'll wait and see what developes.

John
                            sigpic1950 CJ3A. Oddfire 225 V6, T-86 transmission, Dana 18 transfer case, 4 wheel disc brakes, locked front and rear. Manual saginaw steering. Warn winch, 9,000#.

Comment

well i think im the yougest person by far on the board haha but im in my senior year of high school and i work construction in the afternoons after school. plan to go to college next year just not sure what for yet.
                              07 JKUR on 37's
                              89 xj 2 dr 3 inch bds lift w/ 33x15.5x15 super swampers Sold :(
                              Reppin the CJKC
                              http://youtu.be/1maTFhqVxaY
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X