Ready to wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ready to wheel

Early last month went to Haspin to test out the jeep and didn't have the best of luck. After a month of being undriveable it's back up and ready to wheel. Has a new fuel tank and 1ton steering upgrade so I don't think I'll be having any troubles from it anymore. Hope to see you on the trails. Might make it down to Slade if I can switch some days at work.
    2006 Chevy Tahoe Z71
    2010 Harley Street Glide

Come on down to slade! I would like to see ya there.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lilbluexj View Post
      ...so I don't think I'll be having any troubles from it anymore...
      Hahahahaha...

You do realize that every vehicle... especially one driven off road and "utilized" far past the originally designed specifications... is in a CONSTANT state of decline, and that it's only a matter of time before the next "disruption in service."

But that's what we live for, right?

Sorry, I kinda sounded like a jerk... Let's try that again...

Originally posted by lilbluexj View Post
      ...so I don't think I'll be having any troubles from it anymore...
      Glad to hear of the upgrade... Hope all goes well on the next trip.
      brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
      Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

Glad to hear it's all back togeather!! Now I need to get my junk finalized!! It's so close!!!
        '84 Cherokee body welded to an '86 Blazer frame , fuel injected 350, 700r4 trans, np208 t-case, 44 front and a welded 14 bolt in the rear on 35" boggers, radiator in the rear, and a full cage

Comment

Originally posted by 94Dodge Truggy View Post
          Come on down to slade! I would like to see ya there.
          I'm working on trying to get off work so i can come down. I'll be there if I can. Hopefully I can talk Hybrid and Scarface into going out too.
          2006 Chevy Tahoe Z71
          2010 Harley Street Glide

Comment

Originally posted by Hybrid View Post
            ...get my junk finalized!! It's so close!!!
            Again with the "final" word??!! It will never be "done." The quicker you admit that, the better off your relationship with your significant other will be...

All this naivety has me feeling nostalgic all of a sudden, sorry about this:

((At this point, I'd like to thank Shawn Carder for putting up with me on my first trip to MV4W in my newly purchased, and soon to be freshly broken, Jeep in Dec of 2003.... I didn't even know what I didn't even know... Met at his place before the run, with a front driveshaft that needed shortening in my hand... and no idea how to do the work. He cut it down, and welded it, then instructed me to put it in... On the run I was looking out at him with my "there's something wrong with my steering" face and he would say, "that's what it's like when you're welded" and then the "aww crap, it's broken?" face which he answered in seconds after opening the hood with "yep, motormount." My doe-eyed naivety must have made him laugh out loud later... He even helped me get back to the trailer and helped me winch it on the trailer (first time I used the winch, and with a crowd that made me nervous), and he even fixed my Jeep (bandaided the gen1 motormounts with a big bolt) before I made it back to his house the next day... which was where I left the Jeep for fear of the wrath of my wife - see second sentence in this post.))

Thanks Shawn.

Can you tell that there are Jeep parts in boxes on their way to my house... all of a sudden I'm on the site again... hehehe
            brad

Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

I know things will break along the way i'm just hoping the steering holds up this time instead of bending in half on the first rock it decides to have a conversation with the rocks
              2006 Chevy Tahoe Z71
              2010 Harley Street Glide

Comment

I know... it's just funny that Steve (TreeFrogSW) once talked about the slippery slope of upgrades, and now I'm doing the same...

This IS why we're all here, so bring it on... I just hope I have a vehicle to wheel by spring/summer/next-winter... I'm jealous is all...
                brad

Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

Everythings a work in progress whether you can wheel it or not. i still have a lot of work to get done to it. The whole rusted floorboards thing is a pretty big problem for me.
                  2006 Chevy Tahoe Z71
                  2010 Harley Street Glide

Comment

When I say "finalized" I really mean "it works great until I get in the drivers seat and start having fun!" and thats the joy that we all are here for!!
                    '84 Cherokee body welded to an '86 Blazer frame , fuel injected 350, 700r4 trans, np208 t-case, 44 front and a welded 14 bolt in the rear on 35" boggers, radiator in the rear, and a full cage

Comment

Absolutely agree... Good times...
                      brad

Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

yeah, my trip in my new XJ didn't go as well as planned last weekend either, but it sure was worth it. Now I get to replace my axleshaft! It's always a work in progress once ya start wheeling it.

http://www.terrainstompers.com/forum...pic.php?t=1712

Comment

Working...
                        X