Dodge truggy 3.0!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodge truggy 3.0!

Well here I go again in search of more grip and indestructability I have started the tear down and rebuild of ole truggy. This winter rebuild will consist of a revamped chassis with rockwell axles tucked in underneath and 22 inches off the overall length and a 118" wheel base. Front suspension will be 4 linked with a track bar and steering linkage behind the axle and the rear will be either a triangulated 4 link or 3 link setup with coilovers. (not sure yet on the rear)

I took the front and rear dana 60's out from under the truggy this morning and managed to slide the whole chassis off the forks of the forklift out in the rain on the blacktop and scuffed up the chassis a bit! It made unloading it really easy. Made a loud noise too! I have pics of the poor thing sitting next to my shop with no axles and no wheels. Looks pittiful like that. I will try to post em up.

Now I need to find some centers for my hummer rims to mate up to the rockwells and figure out what I need for a nice pinion brake setup. Hopefully I will be able to lighten up the chassis some to make up for the added rockwell axle weight.
    sigpic

Sounds like an eventful weekend. We'll be looking for the pics.
    I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

Axles for sale?
      91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by itbrokeagain View Post
        Axles for sale?
        I believe Brody and Jasoncj7 are claiming them. I have a high pinion 60 from a ford F350 1977 and 70 rear for sale.
        sigpic

Comment

I sent you a PM about the axles
          Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it,
          But only you can feel the true warmth.

Comment

axles

Originally posted by 94Dodge Truggy View Post
            I believe Brody and Jasoncj7 are claiming them. I have a high pinion 60 from a ford F350 1977 and 70 rear for sale.
            how much for the hp 60 ??? mike

Comment

same chassis Scott?

<hoping deep down inside the answer is no>

Comment

Originally posted by carwash View Post
                same chassis Scott?

<hoping deep down inside the answer is no>
                No comment! (not sure yet on reusing chassis or using other chassis) I get scared thinking of a major transplant and the time it takes to do so. Also with trails requiring plates and legal items like fenders and titles and insurance I am contemplating another jeep build. I have to decide soon!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 94Dodge Truggy View Post
                  No comment! (not sure yet on reusing chassis or using other chassis) I get scared thinking of a major transplant and the time it takes to do so. Also with trails requiring plates and legal items like fenders and titles and insurance I am contemplating another jeep build. I have to decide soon!
                  That drivetrain would make a sweet jeep if you can squeeze it in!
                  1994 YJ, 4.0, 5 speed.

*2006 Dodge 2500 Cummins, 4x4 Auto,Quad cab, LongBed, Tekonsha Prodigy(Tow Rig)

Comment

Yes how much for the hp60?
                    91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

Sounds like the 60 is sold.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X