buggy will not start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buggy will not start

Well, here it is. I have been doing alot of work on the buggy including welding. I recently left the key in the run position for a week while working on it. The batteries still have plenty of charge, but it will not start. I have spark but no power to the fuel pump or fuel pressure. Fuel pump is good. I am thinking that from welding and not disconnecting the battery and having the key in the run position that I have fried the computer . The relay and fuse for the fuel pump are fine. Can I have the computer tested? I have a computer for the same year of truck, but it is for a 318 5 speed and my truck is a 360 auto. The truck is a 1994 dodge ram. Anybody have any knowledge on these trucks? Thanks, scott.
    sigpic

that sucks man, does sound like you fried something... check ALL of your fuses first... if im right, dont you have some under the hood, in a compartment, those big ones?

hopefully a fuse would have caught the surge.

Comment

The only thing now is he needs a hood to look under have you seen this thing

Comment

Like Mike said , check and re-check all fuses and relays and then I would put that 318 ECM in it and see if your pump works , it might run that 360 and it might not , but my guess is that it will at least communicate with the pump. Also disconnect the battery for a while and then reconnect and see what you get . Sounds almost like it went into a safety mode to save the pump and injecters?????? just guessing ..... it is a DODGE and well

Comment

Sounds like it is the ecu. I did try disconnecting the battery for 1/2 of an hour with no luck. Gonna try the backup ecu and see what happens tonight:o . thanks for the info.
          sigpic

Comment

first line of the instructions for EVERY repair in a haynes or chilton's manual is what? "disconnect the battery."

i don't always do it either, unless i'm welding on a vehicle a bunch... then i do. I bet you will from now on too.

Comment

Yeah, I have never disconnected the battery for any repair ever. But with the key in the run position while mig and tig welding it was a first:o :( . Probably the last.
              sigpic

Comment

Truggy

Can't do it right now...BUT ..I will give you the technicalitys of welding on vehicles soon....DOESN'T ALWAYS HAVE TO BE DISSCONECTED...(ie) current
                passage....Nowa

Comment

This ecu has been a very hard piece to locate. Looks like it will be a 540.00 frick up.:mad: Hope its the problem.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jeep304 View Post
                    Can't do it right now...BUT ..I will give you the technicalitys of welding on vehicles soon....DOESN'T ALWAYS HAVE TO BE DISSCONECTED...(ie) current
                    passage....Nowa
                    Why worry about a list of rules as to when you hvae to and don't have to, just disconnect it and be done with it. It's one bolt.

Comment

welding

The point I was making is that if you know what your doing...YOU NEVER HAVE TO! ! ! ......Nowa

Comment

Welding

OH and by the way......in 30 years I've never fried anything....and I've welded on quater of a million dollar race cars....Nowa

Comment

Just hoping now that the computer is the problem. I ordered a computer for the motor that has capability to be custom tuned so now I can get more hp out of the mods done on the 360. Just trying to think on the bright side. Wife says I broke it on purpose and commented that more HP = more breakage and I reassured her that breakage would be minimal ;) .
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jeep304 View Post
                            OH and by the way......in 30 years I've never fried anything....and I've welded on quater of a million dollar race cars....Nowa
                            well let's here how it works then... teach us.

Comment

weld

The first thing to know is to never have your ground clamp any more than about a foot away from the weld zone ! ! ! ! ! Your current passage is only
                              between these two points. If you open up this distance the current can pass through anything in its path. I've known people to ground to the front and weld at the rear of a vehicle...again...anything in its path.....Nowa

Comment

Working...
                              X