The Copper CJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Copper CJ

Been working on this build for a bit now... slowly. Customer is in no hurry, and that's good...

It's been a good time, but quite time consuming (read no time to work on my crawler) but that's what business is about i guess. My crap can wait.

On the list was rock sliders, with cage tie-ins to frame, rocker guards, redone rear cage with bracing added to the front cage and dash bar, seat mounts tied to frame to accomadate new PRP seats, rear bumper, paint inside of tub, paint all new parts hammered silver along with front bumper. There will probably be more stuff added as we get close to done. I'm happy with the way things are turning out so far.

Here are some pics!

Here it is as it came into the shop

Here are the before pics of the cage

Last edited by carwash; 12-16-2007, 12:56 AM.

In progress, and then out of the rig for finish weld and paint

Comment

I would have hated to see this customer have to utilize this original cage in a roll with seeing the missing welds and the fact that the floor under the B-pillar feet was almost completely gone from rust. The rust images are a strong argument in favor of tying your cage to the frame...

Last edited by carwash; 12-16-2007, 01:00 AM.

Comment

Slider and frame tie-in fab...

Comment

Rear bumper build...

and a shot of the front bumper... built this about a year ago for this same customer, now just painting it to match.

Comment

looks good...
            slider and frame tie in = a bunch o work.
            For you guys who can't drive, I have owned a frame rack for several years. Prices are based on your skill and ability to wreck it....

Comment

Looks good Mike ,

you going to do anything about that Rock Tattoo / soup bowl in the rocker ?

Comment

Looks great Mike!
                I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

Those rocker/ cage tie ins are sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by fabricator View Post
                    looks good...
                    slider and frame tie in = a bunch o work.
                    yes, takes a while to get it all lined up and correct, then gotta pull it all out and weld it all up, hoping that it all the tacks hold in the pullout... then hope that in welding it all up, it didn't tweak from the heat... ugh.

Yes a lot of work, but very rewarding with how they turned out.

I will call you tomorrow Rob about cutter my rocker plates... i have my needed measurments.

Comment

Originally posted by sarge View Post
                      Looks good Mike ,

you going to do anything about that Rock Tattoo / soup bowl in the rocker ?
                      there's one on each side... he dropped it down onto a rock ledge, first run out after the new paint...

covering them up with 3/16 or 1/4 rocker plates...

Comment

Very nice work! When can we see this copper beast wheel?
                        sigpic

Comment

I love that hammer finish on the sliders, stinger and rear bumper!!!

Comment

vedday nice! High-5. I need to come down and check it out. Whats the word on his motor?

Comment

Rear Bumper

What's with the plating and bolts on the back side of the rear bumper? Are you going to bolt it on? I'm in the process of making very similar bumpers out of the same stuff. Really thick rectangular tubing.

BiggDaddy
                              '82 CJ-7, 6" lift, stock axles
                              258, 35x15.50x15 TSL/SX
                              Rustoleum Gray

Comment

Working...
                              X