TSLs or IROKS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSLs or IROKS

Still trying to decide what tires to run. Will be running a little of everything. Everything from road to mud, to snow, to rocks, etc. Places like harlan, windrock, badlands, bigrock, local, etc.

I was going to wait until summer, but 4wheelparts has them 10% off plus free shipping. The 10% off actually includes tires! 38x12.5x16.5 TSL will run me $767, 37x14x16.5 IROKS will run me 37x14x16.5 Iroks will run me $825
    IROKS- Bias ply
    31.25%
    TSL - Bias ply
    64.58%
    Other - please comment
    4.17%
    1994 YJ, 4.0, 5 speed.

*2006 Dodge 2500 Cummins, 4x4 Auto,Quad cab, LongBed, Tekonsha Prodigy(Tow Rig)

tsl... i'm not an irok fan...

but my guess is that everyone here will vote for iroks, look around at 90% of the rigs in this club...

Comment

Get what you want!!!!

Hey there HD, just get what you want. That 10% off should take care of the extra money you were worried about. Get what you want to get, that way you will have no regrets! You don't want to look back after all this work and say, yeah, if only I'd have gone with _______________ instead of saving a few bucks .... You know what I mean.

BiggDaddy
      '82 CJ-7, 6" lift, stock axles
      258, 35x15.50x15 TSL/SX
      Rustoleum Gray

Comment

Originally posted by BiggDaddy View Post
        Hey there HD, just get what you want. That 10% off should take care of the extra money you were worried about. Get what you want to get, that way you will have no regrets! You don't want to look back after all this work and say, yeah, if only I'd have gone with _______________ instead of saving a few bucks .... You know what I mean.

BiggDaddy
        I am torn between the two really.
        1994 YJ, 4.0, 5 speed.

Comment

boggers arent on your list... that's your first mistake...

jk.. kinda, no really, just kidding.... but seriously, boggers.

Comment

Originally posted by carwash View Post

TSL's if had to choose

don't worry about carwash he as a bogger fetish......

if i am not currently offending you, i will be shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by carwash View Post

Ran boggers on the heep last year and liked them except slipper side hills. Had good luck running Boggers rear and MTRs front. Boggers for this application are gonna be over a grand, more than I want to spend right now.

Thanks though.
              1994 YJ, 4.0, 5 speed.

Comment

TSL bias ply with around 4 to 9 psi. depending on rig weight.
                sigpic

Comment

I'm going to have to lean towards the TSL , and I'm one of those 90% running Iroks.
                  Mine were bought new in the spring and have 6 or 7 runs on them and maybe 1500 street miles . they are cut and chunked really BAD:mad: . other then that they perform great in the rocks , light mud and the loose stuff and seem to do well in the snow.
                  My old TSL's were well used when I got them and I ran the crap out of them , they were tougher then nails and did very well in all types of terrain.
                  Still Gotta love the Boggers but they are heavy , would have gone with them if I was already 1 ton . Boggers will be my next tire

If you were not confused before

Comment

I have 42 iroks on my junk and they do good at nothing but not bad at nothing either... I would go with TSL's I have had them several times but tsl sx now there is a great tire....cant wait for a 42" SX...

Comment

I run TSLs on my XJ. Traction is not an issue.
                      90' Jeep XJ Buggy - 5.5 custom lift, 33" TSL's, locked
                      01' Softail
                      01' Dodge Ram Cummins 3500 4X4
                      71' Dodge Challenger

Shane

Comment

tires

my next set will be tsl-sx,s.... awsome tire. i now run 39.5 irocs. mike

Comment

I've never run Iroks, but ever since I got my first set of TSLs I wouldn't switch to anything else. Like stated above, traction is not an issue for me either.
                          (currently running 33x15.5 TSL SX)

Comment

Looks like TSLs are the winner. Thanks guys.

TSL SXs would be great but for an extra $50 a tire I will have to pass on them.

Thanks again.
                            Josh
                            1994 YJ, 4.0, 5 speed.

Comment

Wish I had read this thread before I ordered the iroks
                              I got a jeep

Comment

Working...
                              X