Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Gift

Well you only get the after pics.

I found a Campbell Housfeld 20gal compressor on the side of the road last week. Tossed it into the back of the car and brough it home. Of course the oiless pump was shot. So I rememebered I had a York 210 I was planning to install but never got around to it.

I made a few phone calls and got a new in box weg 1hp motor for next to nothing or wait yea it was nothing.

After a bit of head scratching some measuring and some piss pour welding, WOW, I need more practice. I got this.

It got to 165 psi before that white hose blew. I guess I shouldn't have expected a water hose for a sink to be up to the task. I'll get a new hose from work.

Total investment two pullies $15, one belt $6, assorted fittings < $2.

YEA, I finally got a compressor to go with the air ratchet I have had for four years.

Is there a unloader in that system? Will that motor start the pump with 150+ PSI in the tank?

I have a bunch of those 210's and had always thought about making a small shop compressor like that.

Jeff

Comment

Pressure switch kills the power were ever I set it. I turned it all the way up to test total pressure but normally it will be set to 125psi. Took less than three minutes to get to 165psi.

The yorks are rated for continues duty at between 600-4500rpms. I didn't calculate what I'm turning but I guess its aroung 1800-2000. So it could put out a whole lot more if necessary. Until I get real world use I won't know if I can sustain the pressure. I can change pullies pretty easily.

Comment

The last machine shop I worked at I was involved in building prototype compressor pumps for Campbell Hausfeld , neat project.

The engineers from CH told me the York 210 compressor design is what all other mass produced pumps are compared to, flat out best there is!

Comment

Very sweet Paul, nice score and as always... way to put a little thought into a project...
          brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
          Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X