Frame Alignment...89 Suburban

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frame Alignment...89 Suburban

My wife drove my 4x4 89 suburban today and I followed her. The truck looks like it tracks straight but the left front wheel seems to be sticking out further than the rear. I could not notice this on the passenger side?

Any good frame shops out there that could check this and work on it if it would need tweeked?

Generally all vehicles WMS is wider in the front than the rear. If the vehicle is tracking straight and your not eating ball joints, or other suspension bushings. I wouldn't bother looking at it.

Comment

Is it lifted or stock?

Comment

stock

Comment

The front axle on this truck will be about 3" wider (1.5" on each) than the rear axle...may not sound like much but it is quite noticable. If you were following it in another car I wouldn't be surprised if you could just notice the driver's side since you couldn't really see the passenger side that good.

Comment

Follow it on the hiway, probably tracks
            on both sides, as stated above
            but, it is easy enuf to take a tape measure
            and get a buddy, crawl under it
            and measure it in a X fashion
            frames has reference holes in them
            look around you will find something to measure from
            spring center pin, lower ball joint, ECT...
            For you guys who can't drive, I have owned a frame rack for several years. Prices are based on your skill and ability to wreck it....

Comment

frame shops are over rated

the difference in axle with is the most likely explanation assumption of it being ok is bad judgement i could throw senariows at you all day youre safe bet is a thorough suspension inspection followed by a alignment check get a print out this will guide you to the awnser you will need to know the thrust angle of the rear end (what causes dog tracking) a tape measure only gets you in the ball park it doesnt get you good seats !!

Comment

Working...
              X