steering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steering

I have a 91 xj, That i put a ford d44 up front with radius arms and a 6.5" lift. I was just wonering what you guys would do for steering on it. Upgrade the steering box to a bigger one and link it with 1.5" dom with heims? It is not high steer. Just looking for options or any suggestions. The heep is only a woods beater. Thanks.

Questions

What size tires will you be running?

Did you change the caster of the axle?
    sigpic

Keep them on all 4's

Comment

Try and at the very least do hi steer on the passenger knuckle so the angle on the drag link isnt so bad. With a steep trackbar/drag link it will handle like crap and will put excessive wear on the steering joints. I had TREs and around 5.5" of lift on my XJ with the tie rod over the knuckle in the factory position and I would wear out the TREs in about 8 months of DD and wheeling once every 3 weeks. If at all possible, spend the cash now and do it right cause it will cost you in the long run. Ask me how I know ;)

AARON
      91 MJ Under construction

Comment

Definitely go with a highsteer set up it will make a big differnce. The XJ steering box should work just fine and can be tapped for hydro assist in the future.

Contact Gunrunner here on the board he can take care of you on knuckles and high steer arms.

if i am not currently offending you, i will be shortly.

Comment

Thanks everybody for the info and jeepmanjeff im running 39.5 cut boggers.

Comment

Working...
          X