threaded tube inserts??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• threaded tube inserts??

where's everyone buying their tubing inserts for their link bars? who has the best price? i'm having some aluminum links made, but want to make some new spare links, and need to find some inserts. PSC and such are ridiculous, like $9 a piece so something like that. i used to make them, but broke my left handed tap, and don't want to buy another one, as drilling in a drill press, then tapping by hand takes forever and sucks to do.

thanks
    greg
    zuk buggy.....it'll be a jeep eventually.

here's the best deal i've found on them. actually, this site has some of the best prices i've seen on a lot of 4 link parts. anyone found em cheaper? a local machine shop (guy making my links) can make them for me for about $2 a piece, but i know he'll be taking a hit only making like 10-20 of them for me, and i don't want to do that to him, as i know he's taking a hit already on the link bars. also, he can't single point them as deep as i want them treaded, so i would have to buy him a left handed tap, which again, i don't want to do.

http://www.suicidedoors.com/34-16Threaded4-LinkBung.php

greg
    zuk buggy.....it'll be a jeep eventually.

Comment

what size tread you useing?? i have a number of different taps at work, might be able to tap them for you if i have the tap and you can get them to me.
      sigpic
      REMEMBER WHEN GAS USED TO ONLY COST AN ARM AND A LEG???

Comment

Working...
      X