• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weld on beadlocks

fixing to buy.Gathering some info.
    What is the peferred brand?
    Best bang 4 the buck?
    Whats the downfall with weld on beadlocks if any?

downfalls: they wont be street legal & you have to be sure they're welded GOOD if you're welding them yourself. They also have to be centered 100% correctly when you weld them on.

I think carwash sells em cheap IIRC.

Comment

Carwash can tell who NOT to buy from!

Comment

Let me know

Comment

Not DOT approved and Not Legal to run on the street are two different things.
          There is not a cop on the street that could look at my DIY beadlocks and tell me that I did them myself , or that they are not DOT approved or for that matter tell me if they are real bead locks.

That being said , there are numerous companies out there selling DIY kits , the really good deals normally do not come with hardware, so check and see with each company. I'm running Bobby Longfield Bead locks ( I don't think he makes them anymore) I have zero complaints and zero issues with them. Check on Pirate4x4 in the venders section.

Comment

I make them out of 1/4" steel
            they are laser cut
            for 15" wheels
            32 bolt locks for 4 wheels
            200 dollars delivered within reason
            during the daytime
            no hardwhare
            For you guys who can't drive, I have owned a frame rack for several years. Prices are based on your skill and ability to wreck it....

Comment

Do you make any for 16 inch wheels?

Comment

If Fabricator doens't make them in 16's I know Great Lake Offroad makes some nice ones. I think they are around $225 shipped. There are also tons on Pirate, including Great Lake.
                '94 YJ

Comment

Originally posted by jfiscus View Post
                  downfalls: they wont be street legal .
                  Another great internet myth. I believe there is a guy on Pirate4x4 for years now that has offered cash to anybody who can provide documentation stating that beadlocks, specifically, are not street legal......to this day he hasn't had to pay out any money.

I do agree with the above post talking about DOT approval (we do DOT certification tests were I work at), but again a DIY beadlock kit only means that technically the wheel is no longer DOT certified (example: if a DIY beadlock failed and caused an accident, then you tried to sue the original wheel company, it would be very easy for them to not be held liable because the wheel had substantial structural modifications performed to it after the original DOT certification).

Comment

if i was to get a set from fab how much would someone weld them on my rims for

hey fab how much to do a 5th one

Comment

This might be a dumb question, but I have only welded regular steel myself...
                      I have "chrome" rims on my Jeep, could I weld beadlocks onto these & paint them afterwards?

Comment

Originally posted by jfiscus View Post
                        This might be a dumb question, but I have only welded regular steel myself...
                        I have "chrome" rims on my Jeep, could I weld beadlocks onto these & paint them afterwards?
                        you will have to grind all that chrome off first.

Comment

If you grind just the welding surface you should be fine , I have seen guys do this and you end up with a little bit of blueing in the chrome but it's covered up by the ring. If you were to spray the weld with some good primer after welding and then painted your rings some wild matallic color I think it would look good with the chrome rim. IMHO

Comment

16" beadlocks weld on. 513 875 3327
                            91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

Working...
                            X