January Meeting Minutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January Meeting Minutes

Jason opened the first meeting of the new year. We had a good turn out of members, including some we hadn’t seen for awhile. We had also had three guests: David (friend of Scott Armstrong), Jacob (Hybrid) and Marv.

Treasurers report: We have money in the bank.

Annual dues are due. Renewing members paying by March meeting cost is $30; after March meeting cost is $50. New member dues are $50. While we encourage new members to attend a meeting to join, we understand that schedule conflicts can occur. Coming soon the new member forms and a mailing address will be available on the website.

Trail report: Discussed the trip on New Year’s to Haspin. Couple groups went and both reported having a great time. The 2008 trip list was shared at the meeting and is also posted in a separate thread. These dates will be put on the calendar, as well. Couple of months are open at this time. We’re looking for new locations, so if you have any ideas; please share.

There is no official run planned for February. As always, post up if you’re going somewhere.

Benefit show is scheduled for August 2. We have not finalized the details of whom we will be assisting. Details will be forthcoming as they are available.

Tshirt contest: Annual contest for the design of this year’s CORE t shirt is underway. Bring your design(s) to the March meeting (March 3rd). If you’re unable to attend, submit your design to either Jason (jasoncj7) or myself (tjjeepjeep) by Feb 29th. The designs will be voted on at the March meeting. Winner will receive a year membership in CORE. Separate thread will be posted.

The ammo can is being brought back by popular demand. Members attending a trail run where the can is present, sign a $5 bill and put it in the can. The winner of the funds is drawn at the Christmas party.

Discussion around wanting to contact other members in the club regarding trail runs. Secretary will work on a phone list that will provide a contact number for any member wanting to be on it. You will not appear on the list unless you have specifically requested to. PM me or call me (513.266.5883) to let me know that you would like to be included.

Idea was proposed of producing a CORE newsletter. This would allow members who do not have access to the web to stay connected. Secretary is working on a draft and will provide updates as available. Anyone with ideas to include, please let me know.

Web:
    Gallery is up and running. The random images on the forum page rock!
    George having trouble with his user id. Lisa will contact Carwash about it.

Officer meeting was held on 1/3:
    Bob told us about a site he’d found and registered with that provides information on trails. Site is www.trailsource.com. If you have a new trail and would like some info on it, PM Bob (Mudstud) the information and he will get some info back to you as soon as he can.

Some ideas were tossed around about participating in parades or car shows to spread the word about CORE. If you hear of any, post them up. They can be added to the calendar as well.

A few of our officers are looking into getting discounts from local merchants/retailers that can be provided as part of the CORE membership. Details will be provided as they are available. A laminated membership card is also being researched to help these merchants easily identify our members.
    I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.
Working...
X