Car recommedations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car recommedations

Well I bought a VW Golf to save money on gas. When I first bought it the thought was I'm keeping it forever and can all the kids fit in the back. Funny two years ago they did, not so much now. That and the fact it's a deer magnet has me looking for something different.

Ok down to the meat of it and why I hate my current car. The golf's door seal is actually part of the roof, everytime I open the door snow falls right into the seat. It's very frustrating. I'm the guy who drives around with the windows open year round. 15 deg and sleating and my window is still down. The aerodynamics of the car pushes the rain right into my shoulder. It's nearly impossible to carry on a conversion due to noise and the back windows hum when opened.

What I'm looking for is model suggestions, I will be buying in six months. Good gas milage. Able to sit at stop light in the rain without getting drenched. Carry 5-6 people safely but not neccessaryly comfortably. It will hopefully be the last car I buy. Built within the last 8 years. I will never buy another NEW vehicle again.

Thanks

2004 Passat TDI

roomy backseat, fits 5 people easy (total, not just the backseat). had great power for a diesel, and we get around 38-42mpg...

not sure about the not getting drenched in the rain... never tried that.

Comment

It's actually one of my top requirements, evenly slightly above fuel milage.

It may seem dumb to be picky but, It's my money and I have everything I need now it's a time in my life to buy what I want.

Comment

How about a jeep cherokee? They can be found cheap and withstand deer attacks fairly better. Or what about adding vent visors to your current ride to help out with incoming materials?
        sigpic

Comment

96-02 4Runner. 18~ mpg. I bought my 97 Limited for $6600. Really nice truck.
          88 4Runner, 350 V8 swap in progress

http://staff.4x4wire.com/adamf

Comment

Originally posted by 94Dodge Truggy View Post
            How about a jeep cherokee? They can be found cheap and withstand deer attacks fairly better. Or what about adding vent visors to your current ride to help out with incoming materials?
            Yep. My wifes Grand Cherokee just went though a 5 thousand dollar deer attack.

Comment

do like i did, get an old ford bronco, 78-79. lots of room, real metal body, no plastic or fiberglass. parts readily availble and cheap. deer run from it. take the top off and you dont get soaked, but cant say the same for the people in the back lol. but then theres that lil gas milage thing, well ok gas milage isnt even a term used for this truck. but hey look at all positives lol.
              sigpic
              REMEMBER WHEN GAS USED TO ONLY COST AN ARM AND A LEG???

Comment

Working...
              X