Swap 92-95 4.0 in a 89 Cherokee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swap 92-95 4.0 in a 89 Cherokee

I have a friend with a 1989 cherokee with a bad 4.0. I have a good 4.0 out of a 92-95 YJ. Will this motor swap in easily to the Cherokee. The only problems I could think of is if the Renix Fuel injection intake and exhaust manifold bolt up to the block without any problems? Thought there might be some changes in that over the years.

Thanks
    Josh
    1994 YJ, 4.0, 5 speed.

*2006 Dodge 2500 Cummins, 4x4 Auto,Quad cab, LongBed, Tekonsha Prodigy(Tow Rig)

If you have both complete motors it should be a fairly easy swap. You may need to put the intake and a few other goodies from one on the other but no big deal.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 94Dodge Truggy View Post
      If you have both complete motors it should be a fairly easy swap. You may need to put the intake and a few other goodies from one on the other but no big deal.
      92-95 block and head, everything else will be from the cherokee

Thanks
      1994 YJ, 4.0, 5 speed.

Comment

TRy to get ahold of JFiscus. Jason has swapped an HO in to a Renix body, I think
        88 XJ - 5" lift - 35" BFG's - Bumpers - Rock Rails - Homebrewed OBA - Roof Rack - Tube Doors - Trimmed - Dented

87 XJ - D44 - Disco D30 - 235's - 231TC - Stock for now

Comment

Originally posted by RuffedUpXJ View Post
          TRy to get ahold of JFiscus. Jason has swapped an HO in to a Renix body, I think
          Here I is!
          Everything you need to know should be in here:
          http://www.terrainstompers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14

The only things not covered are AX15/BA15 trannys - if you have a standard shift there are a few other steps/variations involved sometimes. What tranny ya using & what year is it?

If you want to call between 6-9pm weekdays I can answer some questions on the phone 513-967-7091 or PM me here.

Comment

Originally posted by jfiscus View Post
            Here I is!
            Everything you need to know should be in here:
            http://www.terrainstompers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14

The only things not covered are AX15/BA15 trannys - if you have a standard shift there are a few other steps/variations involved sometimes. What tranny ya using & what year is it?

If you want to call between 6-9pm weekdays I can answer some questions on the phone 513-967-7091 or PM me here.
            Thanks, PM'd you.
            1994 YJ, 4.0, 5 speed.

Comment

its an auto tranny...and is it really worth the swap i trust josh and all but its just a toy and DD in the winter.or just spend bout the same amount and get a used motor with 120k..thanks for the info guys..
              _-97 cherokee 2dr 5sp 3" lift 1"motor lift 33" turdbirds-_

Comment

Originally posted by D3viLs0uL View Post
                its an auto tranny...and is it really worth the swap i trust josh and all but its just a toy and DD in the winter.or just spend bout the same amount and get a used motor with 120k..thanks for the info guys..
                The OBDI 4.0L HO is not much of a gain over the Renix 4.0L.
                Whatever block is cheaper is the way I would go. It is really not much more complicated either way.
                u-pull-n-pay Cincy had about 6 jeeps when I was there the other day if you need misc parts for the swap

Comment

Working...
                X