2000 Dodge Truggy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Dodge Truggy

Here I go towards another build! Got 2 going but put one on hold to concentrate on the smaller project.

Platform: 2000 Dodge (of course) Durango R/T with the 360, auto and heated leather seats and 6 disc cd/dvd

Axles: 2.5 ton rockwells with high steer, detroits, and spare inner axle shafts, wilwood 4 piston calipers and cross drilled and slotted rotors on pinion

Transfer case: Stak 3 speed 1.1, 3.0, 5.4

Driveshafts: 1410 joints, 12'' spline length, 1/4 wall alloy tubing

Tools and recovery: Onboard air, highlift jack, 12,000lb winch, CB

Front suspension: 4 link with track bar, 14'' swayaway coilovers

Rear suspension: Triangulated 4 link, 16'' 2.5 king air shocks

Steering: PSC full hydraulic

Electric: 190 amp alternator, auxilary lighting

1.750 DOM cage

Wheels: usa 6x6, humvee or stazworks 16 x 10 dual beadlocks I think

Tires: Interco super swamper tsl 42's, 44's or LTB 47's I think

Working towards 120'' wheelbase, 88'' width, 86'' height (crossing my fingers on these numbers) Needs to fit into my trailer and on the trails!

Weight estimated at 5,000 lbs.

Planning on wheeling with the body for 1 year or until it gets hard to get into as the body crumbles and squishes! I have been taking pictures and really just got started but hope to be running by april. I will learn how to post pics. with this thread so cross your fingers and wish me luck on the build and more luck on the pics. posting!

Lookin for advice on rims, tires and hydraulic steering. :confused: Thanks, Scott
    sigpic

Sounds like a nice project but I think you are dreaming about posting pics and the est. weight of 5000.........:p

if i am not currently offending you, i will be shortly.

Comment

Can't wait to see it on the trail. It's a Dodge so I know it will do good.
      2006 Chevy Tahoe Z71
      2010 Harley Street Glide

Comment

gonna be hard pressed to get it under 5000 #, but sounds like a monster, and it wont have a problem with the extra weight with the good gearing.

Comment

Heated leather seats, always a requirement for hardcore trail rigs:)

Sounds like a great build and unique. Can't say that I have seen many Durango's built to wheel!
          1994 YJ, 4.0, 5 speed.

*2006 Dodge 2500 Cummins, 4x4 Auto,Quad cab, LongBed, Tekonsha Prodigy(Tow Rig)

Comment

pm sent
            I got a jeep

Comment

Good luck with it Scott. It sounds like an awesome build
              88 XJ - 5" lift - 35" BFG's - Bumpers - Rock Rails - Homebrewed OBA - Roof Rack - Tube Doors - Trimmed - Dented

87 XJ - D44 - Disco D30 - 235's - 231TC - Stock for now

Comment

Good wheelbase. You should be happy all around for a trail rig.
                91 Ranger ext cab, 60, 14 bolt, 4:88's, 39.5's, doubler, lot's of character

Comment

Pic's ............... LOL !
                  For you guys who can't drive, I have owned a frame rack for several years. Prices are based on your skill and ability to wreck it....

Comment

pics

Yes I would like to see some pics to!

Comment

Awsome Build
                      Thats good stuff!!

Comment

Cool project. A guy in our club has been talking about doing something like this on a Durango for awhile now (currently has a 318 V-8 Dakota extended cab on D60's with 37's to 40's, depending on the mood).

I think you need to make it a full convertible though. Last year a guy ran with us with a 5.0L 4 door Explorer on D60's and 42's with the top cut off and a full cage....sweet idea.

Comment

Originally posted by blazerbrad View Post
                          Cool project. A guy in our club has been talking about doing something like this on a Durango for awhile now (currently has a 318 V-8 Dakota extended cab on D60's with 37's to 40's, depending on the mood).

I think you need to make it a full convertible though. Last year a guy ran with us with a 5.0L 4 door Explorer on D60's and 42's with the top cut off and a full cage....sweet idea.
                          Got any pictures of the durango? I need inspiration!
                          sigpic

Comment

I have some advice its in your message box LOL!

Comment

You need a Klune V for this project......
                              For you guys who can't drive, I have owned a frame rack for several years. Prices are based on your skill and ability to wreck it....

Comment

Working...
                              X