• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rust help

86 Bronco
    what would you do about the rust ??
    I riped out the carpet and putting down rubber
    was going to just rivett some metal over any holes but it's a little worse than I thought it would be

http://www.slide.com/r/uM6bWdU0vz_7e...&view=original
    86 Ford Bronco

Cut out the rust and weld in some old street signs! Or find another bronco for parts and swap panels.
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks I kinda figured that's what people would say
      well don't have any way to weld or even cut it out just went ovet it with some metal
      thanks though
      86 Ford Bronco

Comment

My bronco was worse that yours looks to be. The bad thing with wheeling is that it will only get worse. I had more problems getting bolts undone than anything else. Is it your DD or just play?? if it is your DD, you might want to try and fix them but anything short of cutting out the cancer and welding new in is the way to go. I have seen a friend patch some spots on his CJ-7 with some fiberglass. But it is all up to how you want to do it.

Comment

If you just left the rust alone and put some patch panels over it the rust will just continue to get worse, sometimes panels on top of it will even make it worse because now it traps moisture. At minimum I would wire brush the rusted sections and coat them with some type rust converter, or at least spray a coat of rust-oleum on them.

Comment

I did spray it with rust-oleum thanks
            86 Ford Bronco

Comment

Working...
            X