Auto Tranny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Tranny

Who wheels an auto? What do I need to look out for? I've always had a manual and I am decided if I should keep what I just got or find something else.

What do ya got? They both are fine. Autos work great but are more expensive to build strong. Personal preference is what it comes down to for most people but I love how the automatics work for my type of wheeling.
    sigpic

Comment

In my Bronco I liked the auto so I didn't have to have a third leg on a hill. But Paul it all comes down to personal preference.

Comment

I picked up a 95 4cyl YJ that has an auto. I've always told myself next time I build I'm building with the stock 6cyl. But honostly my 4cyl could go anywhere I pointed it and I could wheel all weakend with out a fill up. I think I'll do light build try it and sell it if I don't like it.

Paul

Comment

A good auto will make u throw rocks at standard shift
          Thats good stuff!!

Comment

Put a big trans coller with auxillary fan on it if you want it to live!
            Last edited by 94Dodge Truggy; 02-12-2008, 08:36 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

I've been wheelin' an auto for 10 years and would never consider going to a manual. Like said above, I don't have 3 legs.

But I will also say that it's all personal preference.

Comment

I wheeled with an auto for many years. At the time I thought I wanted a stick. So my auto died and I put a stick in. I wish I still had the auto. It is much easier and you can get away with higher gearing. I think you will like the juice tranny.
                91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

Working...
                X