06 TJ tranny swap 6 speed to auto.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 06 TJ tranny swap 6 speed to auto.

Hey guys what am I looking at if im wanting to swap my 06 6 speed tranny to a auto?
    06 TJ Inline 6, 6Speed
    4in Rough Country Coil Lift,
    33x12.5 SS Thornbirds, 15x10 Crager Soft 8s

I would recommend just trading the complete vehicle for one with the auto already in it. I don't know the details regarding physically bolting it in (will it bolt right up, do you need a different t-case, different driveshafts, install a different trans shifter, etc...), but I do know that if you wanted a stock '06 automatic then you get into electronics since the new style autos are electronically controlled (new ECM, possible harness modifications).

Really, the only reason I would recommend even considering this is if:

1. You have lot's of custom fab work on your current Jeep, meaning it would be hard to sell or get your money out of it (which doesn't sound like the case).

2. You were doing a major rebuild of the Jeep with lot's of custom fab and did not want to use a stock '06 auto tranny.

Comment

Originally posted by blazerbrad View Post
      I would recommend just trading the complete vehicle for one with the auto already in it. I don't know the details regarding physically bolting it in (will it bolt right up, do you need a different t-case, different driveshafts, install a different trans shifter, etc...), but I do know that if you wanted a stock '06 automatic then you get into electronics since the new style autos are electronically controlled (new ECM, possible harness modifications).

Really, the only reason I would recommend even considering this is if:

1. You have lot's of custom fab work on your current Jeep, meaning it would be hard to sell or get your money out of it (which doesn't sound like the case).

2. You were doing a major rebuild of the Jeep with lot's of custom fab and did not want to use a stock '06 auto tranny.

I AGREE! But if you are bored then go for it!
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X