went wheeling today.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• went wheeling today.....

Well most of you should know what the weather was like today well after I got off work a buddy of mine and I went wheeling. After that was all said and done I went and washed the mud off my TJ well now when I drive there is a very loud sound comming from the driver side wheel, dont know what it is sounds like just screaching almost like a school board...Think some thing is freezing or frozen? or did something break. Didnt wheel to hard today just some mud holes and hills.
    06 TJ Inline 6, 6Speed
    4in Rough Country Coil Lift,
    33x12.5 SS Thornbirds, 15x10 Crager Soft 8s

rocks in the caliper/brake pad? Jack it up and move your wheels back and forth. Should help out.
    sigpic

Comment

Ill go check that out now
      06 TJ Inline 6, 6Speed

Comment

i'd guess something in the wheel or brake too.
        zuk buggy.....it'll be a jeep eventually.

Comment

Mud seems kind of obvious huh..
          I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

Well yeah mud probably frozen mud
            06 TJ Inline 6, 6Speed

Comment

I personally find my TJ runs better dirty. Mine wouldn't know what to do if it was wheeled and washed in the same day. If nothing else, turn the radio up. I recommend 94.9 The Sound.
              I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

channel 20 on sirius up loud!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tjjeepjeep View Post
                  I personally find my TJ runs better dirty. Mine wouldn't know what to do if it was wheeled and washed in the same day. If nothing else, turn the radio up. I recommend 94.9 The Sound.
                  that has got to be the best tech advice i have ever heard
                  if you can't fit it....FORCE IT!!!!!!!!!

Comment

i need to renew my sirius subscription, what is it up to now?

Comment

Originally posted by tjjeepjeep View Post
                      94.9 is the suck now... "it's different here"... whatever.

yeah, they play different stuff than everyone else, but they still only have a playlist of about 60 songs that they recycle...

The new 96 Rock is cool lately, but on Sirius, i'm all about Left Of Center, Backspin, Buzzsaw, Octane, etc... i'd die without my sirius.

Comment

Sirus all the way!!! anywho...well that was the problem but i noticed something when I had the wheel off. This is my first jeep and im still learning, the studs were moving back and forth when I applyed pressure about a 1/16 of an inch. the axle shaft nut was moving to. is this normal or are my shafts pulling out? The 4wheel drive was working fine today. Is there something I can get to help me with understanding my axels and how to work on them?
                        06 TJ Inline 6, 6Speed

Comment

might be the unit bearing the axle runs through, i dont think it should have any play in it like that but im not sure

Comment

anyone else know whats going on???
                            06 TJ Inline 6, 6Speed

Comment

How new is this jeep and what has it been through as far as wheeling?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X