Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• door lock issue '03 Chevy

Any GM techs on this site by chance?

I am trying to track down an issue on my '03 Chevy 2500HD crewcab. Sporadically (randomly) both rear doors will not unlock by either the key fob (remote) or by the switch on the driver's front door. This makes it a real pain when it's snowing out and I'm trying to get a 2 year old and a 8 week old in their car seats. You can always unlock the rear doors manually by the slider/switch on the door, but it's not real easy to reach them from the front door.

I'm guessing it's something centered around either the body control module (BCM) or the harness/connection coming out of it. The BCM was replaced by the dealership about a year ago do to it throwing random "left rear door ajar" messages, including setting off the factory alarm (horn) in the middle of the night or turning on the interior lights and chiming at you while driving.

Key fob is set up so if you hit the unlock once it will just unlock driver's front door, if hit twice within 3 seconds it should unlock all 4 doors. The switch on the driver's door should unlock all 4 doors when hit.

- key fob or driver's door switch will always works as it should (unlock) the front doors
    - key fob or driver's door switch will always LOCK all doors (you can easily hear the lock solenoids on the rear doors cycling to the lock position, even if they were never unlocked)
    - when acting up, you can NOT hear the lock solenoids in the rear doors working
    - when they will not unlock, sometimes you can hit the lock then unlock a few times and they will finally unlock
    - if you do the "reset" as stated in the owner's manual by holding down the lock and unlock buttons at the same time for 5 seconds the locks will cycle correctly, but they may work 5 times, or maybe only once before acting up again
    - both rear door locks can be cycled manually by the slider on the door, so I doubt they are g
Working...
X