Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you guys get your driveshafts from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you guys get your driveshafts from?

Called High Angle for my driveshafts today. Looking at about $1082 plus shipping for two CV driveshafts with 1350 u-joints, 1350 yoke for D60, and a 1350 flange for the stak.

Hard to stomach over a $1000 for shafts and a couple extras. Any other good driveshaft makers that you would recommend?
    1994 YJ, 4.0, 5 speed.

*2006 Dodge 2500 Cummins, 4x4 Auto,Quad cab, LongBed, Tekonsha Prodigy(Tow Rig)

WoW...is a bunch o coin
    always call carwash and
    buy 3" tube so i can make mine
    For you guys who can't drive, I have owned a frame rack for several years. Prices are based on your skill and ability to wreck it....

Comment

There's B&T in Milford, Ohio

Comment

are you looking for shafts for a trail rig? if so, go to the local scrap yard, pick upa couple of cv shafts that are too long for your needs, cut them to length (grind off the welds with an angle grinder, and cut to length with a chop saw), and reweld to the proper length. i've only had a shaft made one time, every other time has always been free from parts we had laying around. that's ridiculous to pay that much!

greg
        zuk buggy.....it'll be a jeep eventually.

Comment

the shafts from my current build are coming from Jesse at High Angle Driveline. my front shaft alone is going to be almost $800, but it is a 2 piece model, with stainless pillow block / carrier bearing, double slip, 1410 u-joints and rockwell flanges included. That's 3" tubing with a .25 wall as well. Serious beef. The rear is a standard, non-cv with 1410's and rockwell flange included, and it's about $300 or so.

I'm having him make my first set, then i will have the parts to make future ones if needed. With the time and energy i'm spending on this, it's just a little peace of mind that my shaft will be super sold and good to go.

Jesse is the man.

Comment

I agree that Jesse's stuff is probably top of the line...but do you really need top of the line stuff?

- Do you really need the CV's?
            - Do even really need 1350's?

Again, I'm not saying the above are bad or anything but if money is a factor you need to ask those questions.

Comment

Originally posted by blazerbrad View Post
              I agree that Jesse's stuff is probably top of the line...but do you really need top of the line stuff?

- Do you really need the CV's?
              - Do even really need 1350's?

Again, I'm not saying the above are bad or anything but if money is a factor you need to ask those questions.
              Yep, that's kinda what I am thinking. On the rear I have to do CV due to the pinion brake setup on the Stak. Rear is $419 plus $69 yoke for the D60

I really don't want to go CV on the front, because that will open a whole new can of worms with the front axle caster and pinon angle. Guess I could check into doing 1310s or 1410s on the front which would allow up to 30degrees with a standard driveshaft.
              I am going to call Jesse today and see if there is any other options on the front.
              1994 YJ, 4.0, 5 speed.

*2006 Dodge 2500 Cummins, 4x4 Auto,Quad cab, LongBed, Tekonsha Prodigy(Tow Rig)

Comment

About 8 years ago when I put the new frame on with the shackle reverse I needed the long slip front drive shaft. All the drive line shops in Dayton just had the 3 inch slip joint:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: I got the front drive shaft from Jess, great service and excellent to do business with. It is beefy and the only thing I don't worry about breaking.

Comment

Performance Driveline and clutch has always done good for me
                  91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

Working...
                  X