samurai EFI swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• samurai EFI swap

Wondering if a 1987 Suzuki Samurai can be converted easily to EFI from a 1993 Samurai with all the parts? Or should I just go propane.
    sigpic

definatly go propane. you need the gas tank for the in tank pump distributor and sensors and comp to go efi.
    if you can't fit it....FORCE IT!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I have all of that on another samurai
      sigpic

Comment

If you have the EFI intake,and don't mind messing with a few wires its not to bad.There is a speed sensor in the instument cluster thats a good idea to have but it'll work without it,lol.

Comment

What purpose is the speed sensor? For odometer or?
          sigpic

Comment

It runs off the speedo cable,and I think it just adjusts the air/fuel mixture at highway speeds,might let everything run more efficiant too on a closed loop.I had a 90 with no speedo cable and it ran just fine,so you could do without it if you wanted.

Comment

So all the wires I need to splice will be in the same carbeurated harness?
              sigpic

Comment

It'd probably be easier just to swich the entire EFI harness to the carbed body.There isn't much to them,all the plugs for the lights should be the same,and each one can only go to where its meant to.

Comment

Originally posted by Snuts View Post
                  It runs off the speedo cable,and I think it just adjusts the air/fuel mixture at highway speeds,might let everything run more efficiant too on a closed loop.I had a 90 with no speedo cable and it ran just fine,so you could do without it if you wanted.
                  Same here on my 91 efi. no speedo. I went to a propane setup from the efi. because of ecm. issues and I lost some upper end power.:confused: Thinking really hard on selling the propane set up and going back to pump gas.

Comment

Originally posted by Snuts View Post
                    If you have the EFI intake,and don't mind messing with a few wires its not to bad.There is a speed sensor in the instument cluster thats a good idea to have but it'll work without it,lol.
                    Hey Snut, I thought the vss. was only in the 16v.? but I could be wrong.

Comment

Nope, the EFI sammies have one too even though its pretty much useless,lol. The Sammy fuel injection isn't as picky,or complicated as most,and will run fine without parts that other systems would need.

Comment

Originally posted by tinbeater View Post
                        Same here on my 91 efi. no speedo. I went to a propane setup from the efi. because of ecm. issues and I lost some upper end power.:confused: Thinking really hard on selling the propane set up and going back to pump gas.
                        Wanna trade? I would like propane and I have a 93 samurai running but nocking with efi.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 94Dodge Truggy View Post
                          Wanna trade? I would like propane and I have a 93 samurai running but nocking with efi.
                          I have all the stuff to swap back to efi. I did a 1.6 swap a few years ago.;)
                          But you can pull all of the 1.3 efi. stuff and sell it on ebay, it seems to bring pretty good money.

Comment

Originally posted by tinbeater View Post
                            I have all the stuff to swap back to efi. I did a 1.6 swap a few years ago.;)
                            But you can pull all of the 1.3 efi. stuff and sell it on ebay, it seems to bring pretty good money.
                            I sold all my 1.3 EFI stuff for $500 on Izook about 4 years ago,I'm sure you could get that or more now.

Comment

Maybe I will sell the 93 samurai with the nocking motor for 700.00 for a quick sale.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X