Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow Coming Friday

from Rich Apuzzo, former ch19 weather man:

Rain and snow will break out across the southern plains tomorrow afternoon as low pressure develops in the Gulf of Mexico and then heads northeast into the southeastern United States by Friday morning. Clouds will thicken here tomorrow evening with light snow, or a light rain/snow mix developing by Friday morning. The snow will increase in intensity during the morning, and then let up Friday afternoon before a second round of moderate to heavy snow Friday night. The track of this storm favors more snow than rain for the Cincinnati area, and here are the raw numbers for snowfall based on the morning models: Model 1 (NAM): 5 to 12 inches; Model 2 (GFS): 5 to 10 inches. That’s right…our morning models both show at least 5 inches of snow with the threat for 10 or more inches in some locations by Saturday morning. Those numbers are not my official forecast and are meant for guidance only, but it gives you an idea of what is possible.
    real trucks dont have spark plugs

how fun
    I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

Ok it is march. I'm ready for spring and summer. Especailly after the 65 degree day.

Comment

ready for summer to but I could deal with 12 inches of snow sounds like fun!maybe it will hit louisville.

Comment

where did you get that info ?? I can't find anywhere them giveing totals like that I hope your right got to fix my truck tomorrow :)
          86 Ford Bronco

Comment

I smell $$$$$$ Dang ! I just took the plow off the jeep

Comment

Time for some urban wheeling sounds like!
              sigpic

Comment

LiLBlueXJ, Hybrid and I will be out playing in the snow tomorrow if it comes. Probably get some lunch around noon if anyone is bored and not working
                I believe this will be our finest hour

Comment

update from Rich Apuzzo....

monster storm coming our way. The morning models are in and we have a significant storm on the way…probably the largest snowstorm of the season for the Tri-State! While there is still some time to watch this storm, and one more model run before it hits, now is the time to take action and to be prepared.

Snow will develop by daybreak tomorrow, with the snow increasing in coverage and intensity during the morning hours. Not everyone will get snow, however, and I expect areas to the east of Cincinnati to get rain, freezing rain or a rain/snow mix during the morning hours, but it will not last before changing to all snow. There are some model differences on the timing of the change and how much of a mix there will be, but for now, I am expecting some mixed precipitation in Brown, Adams, Highland, Bracken, Mason and Lewis Counties, changing to all snow in those areas by afternoon. I must add here that it is possible for there to be more snow than rain to the east, so don’t relax thinking that you won’t have much snow. In fact, areas just east of Cincinnati may get the HEAVIEST snow from this storm.

Light to moderate snow will continue across the area through Friday afternoon and early evening, with 2 to 5 inches across the Tri-State by evening (I will have a map showing the snow totals linked below). That may not sound like much, but this storm will be unique in another way because it will be a two-part system with the worst coming Friday night and early Saturday. Snow will increase Friday night and become heavy at times, especially from Cincinnati to Columbus and eastward (along and east of I71). During that time, another 3 to 8 inches is possible, with storm totals from 5 to 10 inches across the Tri-State area. Most will not see 10 inches, but everyone will get 4 or 5 inches, and isolated locations may get nearly a foot of snow! I will have the latest on the Weather Rush tonight at 7 PM...when the storm will be less than 12 hours away!
                  real trucks dont have spark plugs

Comment

I have my Polaris Ranger all ready for a mad dash around the hood. Then I'll hide from the cops.

Comment

Wheres the snow? I have the samurai tagged and ready and the quad prepped.
                      sigpic

Comment

Middletown City Schools are already closed, but no snow on the ground at all???

Comment

Originally posted by 94Dodge Truggy View Post
                          Wheres the snow? I have the samurai tagged and ready and the quad prepped.
                          Let me know if you get stuck and need me to come pull your sami out. It's a Jeep thing; you wouldn't understand.
                          I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

Originally posted by tjjeepjeep View Post
                            Let me know if you get stuck and need me to come pull your sami out. It's a Jeep thing; you wouldn't understand.
                            Its already stuck! (in my trailer) I had the jeep thing and never understood until one day when a sammi passed me in the woods. ;)
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jfiscus View Post
                              Middletown City Schools are already closed, but no snow on the ground at all???
                              It shows just how much power the weather terrorist have
                              I believe this will be our finest hour

Comment

Working...
                              X