Stock Compressor to OBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock Compressor to OBA

Well I just finished converting my stock Sanden compressor from freon to air. I have added an oiler since the Sanden used to use the freon to oil it and then a collector to remove the oil from the line. I also wanted to have quick disconnects front and rear. I used an older 5 gallon portable tank to hold some air. I started with 50' of PVC hose from TSC and cut it down using some barbed fittings to reconnect it. I coiled some copper tubing to allow the heat to dissipate from the compressor's exhaust. I have a pop off valve for 150 PSI and a pressure switch for 90-120 PSI. So once I get it on with a switch I can turn on the system and allow the pressure switch to make sure the system has at least 90 PSI and doesn't exceed 120 PSI. The compressor fills up the tank at a good pace especially when I the RPMs are around 2000. But overall it seems to be a great mod that I can continue to use since my tires always seem to be leaking around the bead. Hopefully this gets some minds turning with your AC systems that don't have anymore freon like mine

88 XJ - 5" lift - 35" BFG's - Bumpers - Rock Rails - Homebrewed OBA - Roof Rack - Tube Doors - Trimmed - Dented

87 XJ - D44 - Disco D30 - 235's - 231TC - Stock for now

I was thinking of doing the same thing. Do you get a lot of oil in the tank and lines?
    88 4Runner, 350 V8 swap in progress

http://staff.4x4wire.com/adamf

Comment

No not reallt it comes out of the filter. It seems to be working well.
      88 XJ - 5" lift - 35" BFG's - Bumpers - Rock Rails - Homebrewed OBA - Roof Rack - Tube Doors - Trimmed - Dented

87 XJ - D44 - Disco D30 - 235's - 231TC - Stock for now

Comment

Working...
      X