Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeep XJ with 350

Hey Guys,

New to the forum here and was in some need of some help. I have the complete 355 and the 700R4 dropped into a XJ at this present time. We are getting ready to bolt up the NP TC from a 3/4 chevy truck and then the Driveshafts will be made.

I have run into some ignition problems with the factory jeep setup. Wondering if anyone has some knowledge and would be willing to come out and help me out with this. I have money to pay you for your time. I just need to get this figured out and move on from There.

Thanks

Steve

Welcome to the board Steve...

Might help to tell what type of ignition is (or should be) on the 350/355?... where the engine came from... (heck, even though it won't matter for your question, I'm interested in what axles... and which New Process t-case is going in... )

I'm assuming that you're interested in modifying the stock wiring harness to some other EFI?? Am I close?

DodgeTruggy had "great success" in mangling his wiring until having someone else fix it -- after giving up.. hahah

To be clear, I'm probably not much help, just trying to get some more info for those that might be...

Welcome again, enjoy your stay...
    brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
    Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

Wiring is a piece of cake. :o I recently upgraded the fuse panel on my samurai. It was easy. Too easy. I just took the fuses out of it and put 5 amp larger fuses in the original ones place!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 94Dodge Truggy View Post
        Wiring is a piece of cake. :o I recently upgraded the fuse panel on my samurai. It was easy. Too easy. I just took the fuses out of it and put 5 amp larger fuses in the original ones place!
        Now that is just plain funny

Comment

Wiring

Actually using the original wiring harness and things from the jeep. The 355 is brand new/re-done. It was bored 30 over with a mild cam, eldebrock intake manifold, etc. I am running a street rod header on one side and a ram horn manifold on the other due to the steering box. As far as ignition, trying to using the original jeep wiring with an Accel HO HEI. The problem I am experiencing now is there is a dummy key switch and the ignition just keeps turning. I tried to hook the ignition up similar to what it was before but nothing has panned out as of yet. Transfer case is an NP241 from a 3/4 chevy truch. Rebuild. The axles are the original dana 44 in the rear and 30 up front. I will be swapping gear sets once everything is done, possible 60 in rear and 44 up front. The transmission is a bulletproof 700R4 built to handle 1000 hp and is freshly built as well.This will be carberated for now but may run TPI sometime down the road. Cooling is a ***** and is just mocked up for now using a stand-alone transmission cooler and the original jeep radiator for now. Just trying to get this thing running correctly and then having the drive shafts made. I am going to try to run a long-arm lift once everything is on and running correctly.

So all in all, I think all the wiring I need help with is the ignition. The original guages in the car besides the tac and speedo (oil, temp) have been modified to work with the original fittings.

Comment

check out the silonoid (on firewall or fender) there should have been one for the chrysler engine but you do not need it on the GM starter .

You are talking about a 350 chevrolet engine ????

Shawn

Comment

Motor

Yeah its a small block acutally a 305 bored out to a 355. I will check that stuff. I may take it over to hilltop performance and see if they can finsih it. Let me know if any of you guys have any experience with these guys.

Comment

Working...
              X