wider wheel base?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wider wheel base?

is there a cheep easy way to widen your wheel base?

I lost a lot of turn radius with my new tires they rub on the sway bar and I guess it would be the upper control arm (not sure on that) but anyway was thinking if I could move the tires out a little they wouldn't rub so easy

can you get some kind of shims and longer lug bolts? ( if so is it safe? )
    or would you have to get rims or actualy extend your axil ?
    86 Ford Bronco

well, the best way to do it would be with wheels that have less backspacing. the next best way to do it is with wheels spacers. wheel spacers for all 4 will probably cost you more that what a set of cheap steel wheels would.

you need to take a wheel off and measure the backspacing, figure out how much more width you need and look for wheels or spacers accordingly.

Comment

any idea what kind of price rang I would be looking at for a set of wheels?
      where would be a good place to look ?
      86 Ford Bronco

Comment

I get a set of 4 2in spaces(kind that bolt on and have studs) with lugnuts for 126 to my door. I went this way b/c I did not want to have to get my tires remounted and it was cheaper than getting rims with 2in of backspaceing.

Comment

ok thanks
          how big can you get spacers?
          that might go on my wish list haha
          86 Ford Bronco

Comment

Do you have 5 on 5.5" bolt pattern ????

If so I have two 1.5" thick or 2" thick spacers You can try them out too make sure that is what you want.

Shawn

Comment

It should be 5 on 5.5. The best way that I know of it wheels with a deeper backspacing. If you get to wide you have problems going on some trails, well atleast that is what my experience was.

Comment

Originally posted by kyrel69 View Post
                I get a set of 4 2in spaces(kind that bolt on and have studs) with lugnuts for 126 to my door. I went this way b/c I did not want to have to get my tires remounted and it was cheaper than getting rims with 2in of backspaceing.
                I did the same thing , got them off a company that is a vender on JF , I'm running 2" spacer all the way around the Jeep .

Comment

You can get 2" back spaced wheels for about $50 each from Rocky Road,but it might take 8 months to a year to get them :mad: ask how I know...

Comment

Working...
                  X