Help! My truck is trying to break!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! My truck is trying to break!

Well this just happened today. When I put my truck into reverse it will no longer move on its own. When I give it gas it hops and makes lots of noise and as soon as I let off, it stops. The tranny pulls good and the rearend doesnt wine. Any guesses? I am thinking probably R&P. I will probably pull it apart on Monday morning to check it out

2000 F-250SD 2wd, Sterling rearend, I think e4od tranny, 192,000 miles, tranny always flushed when needed and an additive always added. Never got any metal.
    91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Jack it up and then try back up
    For you guys who can't drive, I have owned a frame rack for several years. Prices are based on your skill and ability to wreck it....

Comment

I'd really suspect the transmission...........if the rear end was that messed up there would issues going forward also.

Comment

Sounds like trans. is giving up the ghost! I lost reverse and then after a couple hundred more miles lost first too and the fluid was still pink with no smell of being burnt.
        sigpic

Comment

Same thing happened to me in my Suburban last year. Lost reverse.... Had to rebuild the tranny. :(
          '94 YJ

Comment

I thought that too but why would reverse go out before the forward gears?

Comment

Just how the fluid travels. Sometimes 1st and reverse on certain trannies run off of the same bands, solenoids and so on as I have been told.
              sigpic

Comment

It's not that uncommon.

Comment

You know I hate you guys because I think you are right. A r&p would be so much easier. :(

Comment

Working...
                  X