X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tire question

I got some boogers on my bronco
    there are definitely worn down but not bald
    I noticed tonight they spin realy easy on wet roads is this normal for off road tires or are they just shot
    Last edited by SixFtUnd; 03-30-2008, 09:26 PM.
    86 Ford Bronco

Don't know about the bogger, but the bfg mudd terrians grab gooood on wet roads. I was shocked the first time I slammed on the brakes..
    03 Frontier Crewy (yeah)
    85 Trooper lifted\caged and ragged top
    89 Trooper RS (really short) x2

www.nightcrawlers4x4.com
    www.testtubegraphics.com

Comment

Could be dry rotted but mud tires are typically not as good in the rain as an all season sipped tire.
      sigpic

Comment

boggers suck on the road in anything but dry conditions . They are down right deadly on the ice and anything under 3-4 inches of snow.

It's all about contact area , the more rubber on the ground the better it hooks, the more small sipes to move water from under the tire the better.

The bogger has little siping and massive voids.

Calling the bogger a MT is like calling a NASCAR a grocery getter ...... it'll get you there and back but it is not built for the grocery. The bogger was developed for sactioned MUD RACING events to be used in DOT classes, but guys like us found that it was also a good tire for all around off road use.

Just remember that your tires are going to slide alittle when it rains and be careful , if your tires have sat for a while in the sun they may be a little hard and will soften up after you drive them awhile, but will never perform like a BFG MT or any street based MT .

Comment

what is MT stand for?
          86 Ford Bronco

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Beach View Post
            what is MT stand for?
            m/t = mud terrain.

a/t = all terrain

Comment

thanks
              86 Ford Bronco

Comment