Traxxas issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traxxas issues.

I have had a Nitro Rustler for roughly 10 years. It does not come out often enough. In 10 years it has had maybe a gallon and a half run through it. Lately I have been using it more and more.

On full throttle it bogs down. If it stalls, it is very difficult to start. This only happens when it warms up. I rarely run the body so it shouldnt be overheating. And the fuel is newer.

Has the electric start with the auto glowplug. And I think it has the .15 engine. Any ideas?
    91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Do you put oil in the cylinder when it sits? Glow plugs bad, fuel bad, o-ring on carb split, tank has a crack or fuel hose letting air in, check temp of head to be sure carb is not clogged. They can be finiky!
    sigpic

Comment

Did the same with brand new fuel, and has a new glow plug. Fuel hoses are all new. Usually I put the oil in. Every once in a while I forget. What about carb adjustments? I have heard if one thing is out they run bad. I have also heard carb adjustment is very difficult.

Comment

o-ring and tank okay? idle screw easy. mixture screw tricky. Need a temp guage to set it. Wonder if compression is an issue. Same brand of fuel?
        sigpic

Comment

I had a rustler years ago if you hit the gas and it bogs but poors a ton of smoke out you need to lean it out and just the opposite if you hit the gas and it bogs but no smoke richin it up

Comment

No different bramd of fuel. Ran it again and paid close attention to it. It blows lots of smoke. Any idea how to lean it out?

Comment

the larger screw on the carb. go 1/8 turn increments in till it is ok.
              sigpic

Comment

If this thing causes you too much trouble you can always fire it up and throw it in a fire and watch it burn! I have done this a time or 2 when they get to me.
                sigpic

Comment

Take it to Pit Row Hobbies and ask for Guy. He set up my Savage a few years ago for me.

Man, now your making me want to get back into r/c......
                  88 4Runner, 350 V8 swap in progress

http://staff.4x4wire.com/adamf

Comment

Hey truggy remember what happens when you throw a half a gallon of that nitro fuel in a fire almost lost a 1-1979 chevy truck 1-car trailer and 1- jeff pendegrass LOL that dude was screaming like a girl what a hell of a way to wake up in moring with your pants on fire and not to mention the bottle going across haspin acres at mach9
                    Last edited by OH-cj5; 04-24-2008, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 4RunnerAdam View Post
                      Take it to Pit Row Hobbies and ask for Guy. He set up my Savage a few years ago for me.

Man, now your making me want to get back into r/c......
                      Thats usually what I do but I wanted to see if I could do something before I make the journey

Comment

Working...
                      X