power&comfort switch xj

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power&comfort switch xj

ya i have question on what the power and comfort switch for the tranny on my dash does on my 1990 xj if anyone woud be able to explain to me what it does i would greatly appreciate it and i would look in my owners manual but just so happens to be that my jeep dont have one please help

Transmission shift management maybe?
    sigpic

Comment

It changes the shift points slightly (for power or comfort). Drive it in whichever you like the feel of better, Had a few XJs and each one varied. After 19 they just hard wired it in :power" mode from the factory.

Comment

Yep. Power holds a gear longer to get more hp at higher rpms, comfort downshifts sooner. Just try it, you'll feel the difference.

Mine HATES the comfort setting. It's completely gutless, always lugging the engine, and actually cost me a half a mpg.

(35s on 456s, ymmv)

Robert
        DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
        Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

thanks

Comment

And you always leave it on Power setting never take it off it strains the tranny to much and will cause it to fail with big tires.

I always left left mine on in my 91 from stock till I had 4.88's and 36"s

if i am not currently offending you, i will be shortly.

Comment

ya my moms xj got super hot in the floor when u ran it on the high way in power i would really like to have the choice im pretty sure comfort would give u a little better gas milage the way everyone has explained it to me on how it works

Comment

Working...
              X