help with a chevy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with a chevy

anybody have any suggestions. I have a 95s10 that i cant figure out. it runs perfect at a idol but if you run it above 3500 rpm it starts acting up and dies then its a ***** to get it to restart. after it restarts it runs fine at a idol again. it has a new fuel pump, fuel filter, rotor button, wires, cap, pu coil, any ideas would be greatly appreciated thanks pete

We have a 3500 van at work that goes through fuel relays like crazy. We have checked the entire fuel wiring system and replace the pump but that didnt help. Check the relay. Maybe its on its way out.
    91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

Check the fuel filter, it may clogged and cause a fuel restriction.
      78 CJ-7, 350 V8, T-18a Tranny, Twin Stick Dana 300, Scout 44's, 4.27 Gears, 36" TSL's, Welded rear and Full Spool Front, Hi-Steer with GM Knuckles

Comment

Check your ground wires also.
        sigpic

Comment

fuel pressure regulator ?
          For you guys who can't drive, I have owned a frame rack for several years. Prices are based on your skill and ability to wreck it....

Comment

damn thing will idle there forever, starts right up every time unless you killed it with higher rpms the last time. purrs idling, no miss or anything. has me stumped too.

Comment

Have you checked for any codes? The first step I would do is check the fuel pressure, should be able to borrow rent a gauge and I'm assuming there is a test port somewhere around the intake.

Did it start doing this before or after all the parts you listed were installed?

Comment

its not getin the right fuel pressure i had a 88 that did the same thing ethier the pump u put in there is bad or the little rubber hose that conects the pump to the cindig unit may have a crack or the clamps might not be tight and gas could be leakin out the hose

Comment

this was doing this before all the new stuff. have checked fuel pressure and it is right were the book says it should be. also have checked the little line you say with the pressure and it does not loose any pressure. it acts like it is choking out or starving. thanks for all the input willing to try anything need to get this to run.also it is not throwing any codes. jason came over last night and we still couldnt figure it out. thanks pete
                  Last edited by pete; 06-20-2008, 06:34 PM.

Comment

TPS switch possibly? Wiring problems? Sounds like a hard one to figure out!
                    sigpic

Comment

Its sound like a fuel pump problem. How new is the current pump.
                      At idle there is no load on pump but, driving it normal heats it up and slowly shuts down until it cools and then truck will start. I have replaced many Chevy pumps having these same problems.

Also check to see if you have any smashed or kinked fuel lines.

Later,
                      Shane
                      90' Jeep XJ Buggy - 5.5 custom lift, 33" TSL's, locked
                      01' Softail
                      01' Dodge Ram Cummins 3500 4X4
                      71' Dodge Challenger

Shane

Comment

My guesses would be:

Throttle position sensor, check the voltages closed and full open (naturally with the engine not running)
                        Temperature sensor, this will control to a degree leaness for fuel.
                        Map Sensor: drop in pressure will greatly affect the motor. More load could be loss of pressure. Possibly cracked hose you can't see.
                        IAC Idle Air Control. this will affect how much air fuel mixture you get. You said it acted like it chokes out...THIS COULD VERY WELL BE IT. Could be stuck in a open or closed state.All else fails after these...go to junk yard and get duplicate ECM. Computer could have taken a surge and messed up eprom.
                        sigpic

Keep them on all 4's

Comment

FINALLY got it figured out. it was the spider. went to pull and pay and got one put it in and it runs great. thanks everybody for all the suggestions. thanks pete

Comment

?????
                            91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

what is a spider?????
                              sigpic

Keep them on all 4's

Comment

Working...
                              X