custom 4 link buggy front driveshaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• custom 4 link buggy front driveshaft

Hey carwash, jeff smith, brody, kargomaster and others... With your custom front suspension setups with lots of travel have you been able to use no cv up front on the driveshaft? My driveshaft length is 30 inches and I may have a problem with my setup now. I am running a 1350 joint now and the angle may be steep enough to create early failure to the joint it seems. I am debating on getting a flange yoke from the stak t case instead of the 1350 yoke and running the cv shaft. Anyone have any ideas or if you need more info. let me know.
    sigpic

mine won't apply to your situation, as i will be running a 2-piece front. my output yokes are 1410's, and i will run a non-cv after my pillow block to axle, as my angles are going to be very minimal.

i say get yer flange and run the cv.

Comment

I was running 1310 CVs front and rear before this build... I had no issues with the CVs. (I DID have issues with: yoke u-bolts/endcaps, CV bolts {not tightened, completely my fault}, driveshaft welds, and bastard u-joint at the rear yoke)

Not sure after this build... thinking 1350 CV to 1410 at the 13 bolt in the rear and I'm trying to stay away from the two piece front, but not sure if that's going to be possible, although I think I could use the extra clearance of a two piece for as L-O-N-G as it's going to be... I guess I'll be keeping the 1310 yoke on the 60.

1310 CV yokes came with the Dana300 upgrade, I'll probably use the front 1310 CV yoke and keep the rear as a spare for the front and get a 1350 CV flange for the rear... ?? I just can't see me being able to use a non CV yoke anywhere...???
      brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
      Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X