?removing painted lettering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ?removing painted lettering?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Got this YELLOW Mustang for sale and I'm personal not crazy about the lettering on the side of it! Was told buy a few people the easyoff oven cleaner works really well! So tonight I started with the oven cleaner and didnt have a lot of luck! Was just wondering if anyone knows, like how long to leave it on there or anotherway, it does loosen it up but it will be X-mas before I get it done, the way it was going tonight! Your help, and or suggestion's would be great!
    Oh ya, its just some kinda sign paint, it's not cleared over or anything!
    Attached Files
    I caught that JEEP thing, didnt think I would ever get rid of it!

It does not have a clear coat over it does it?
    sigpic

Comment

I had graphices down the sides of my Camaro that I got tired of and used the Easy Off and it worked great ! I left it on for 20 - 30 minutes and it got most of it off . I then went back and did it one last time and got the rest. This was on a base coat/ clear coat paint job with painted graphics on top of the clear. No ill effects to the clear , just had to go back and re wax the car.

Comment

Those graphics sure do look "fruity" , lol.

Comment

Thanks for your help guy's! I got it all off tonight, with easyoff heavy duty, worked good, and looks alot better!

Comment

Originally posted by DEZROCKS View Post
            Thanks for your help guy's! I got it all off tonight, with easyoff heavy duty, worked good, and looks alot better!
            I will give that a try, I have an ex-fleet vehicle & cant get some of the lettering off for nothing...

Comment

Originally posted by jfiscus View Post
              I will give that a try, I have an ex-fleet vehicle & cant get some of the lettering off for nothing...
              use the heavy duty, not the unscented normal stuff!

Comment

Working...
              X