Balance A Super Swamper I need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balance A Super Swamper I need help

I just put on a set of S S LTB's 33x13.50x15 and they shake so bad I am thinking about taking them off. They will not balance on my balancer it wants me to put on like 30 oz of weight...... Can anybody tell me if they can be balanced or am I stuck with the shakes.......

cincykid

They make bb's to put in the tires to balance them.
    Call around to a few tire places they should be able to hook you up.
    I know some guys just use real bb's.

Comment

Airsoft BB's

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK5 View Post
        Airsoft BB's
        Yep, I put airsoft bbs in my 38s on H1 beadlocks and it worked well. I just picked them up in wal-mart. 30oz does seem like a lot though, I put 16 oz in mine and that was more than what I thought would be necessary.

Try rotating the tire on the rim and see if that brings it closer.
        1994 YJ, 4.0, 5 speed.

*2006 Dodge 2500 Cummins, 4x4 Auto,Quad cab, LongBed, Tekonsha Prodigy(Tow Rig)

Comment

So just put plastic bbs in the tire and that will balance the tire? How dose this work? How much in each tire?

Comment

use 6 oz per tire of Air Soft pellets . That is about 1/4 of a zip lock bag full ( Ha I said quarter bag ! ) . I have run them in my Iroks since new and they balance great even at high way speeds.

Comment

Originally posted by cincykid View Post
              So just put plastic bbs in the tire and that will balance the tire? How dose this work? How much in each tire?
              As you speed up the bbs will go to the lightest area of the tire bringing it in balance. Great for off road tires, that way if it is spins on the rim or you cut a chunk out of it, there is no need to have them rebalanced.
              Here is a chart that may be helpful http://www.innovativebalancing.com/BigTirechart.htm

Seems to call for 8 oz, I would put 10 oz myself to be safe.
              1994 YJ, 4.0, 5 speed.

*2006 Dodge 2500 Cummins, 4x4 Auto,Quad cab, LongBed, Tekonsha Prodigy(Tow Rig)

Comment

Thanks for the help It worked pretty well I put 10 oz in each They don't shake nearly as bad.

Thanks again cincykid

Comment

We use Equal packs at our shop and they work very well. I've used them in 40's, 24.5 etc with no problems.

http://www.imiproducts.com/equal/index.aspx
                  06 TJ, 8.8 Aussied, 4.88's and 35" KM2's

Comment

wish i had put some in mine before bolting them all together... really want to balance them, but dont really want to break them down again...

maybe i will do a water/antifreeze

Comment

I also just put the regular ol' BB's in my 39.5 Swampers, and several others I know use the same method with good results. I had mine up to about 45-50 mph this weekend coming back from the trail (10 psi in the tires) and would only get a very mild vibration every once in awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by carwash View Post
                        wish i had put some in mine before bolting them all together... really want to balance them, but dont really want to break them down again...

So.......when do you think you will really
                        need to worry about balanced tyres ?
                        Come on you can tell us.

fall crawl ?
                        For you guys who can't drive, I have owned a frame rack for several years. Prices are based on your skill and ability to wreck it....

Comment

Originally posted by carwash View Post

Originally posted by fabricator View Post
                          So.......when do you think you will really
                          need to worry about balanced tyres ?
                          Come on you can tell us.

fall crawl ?
                          Which year?
                          I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

fall crawl prolly not doable. My only goal be to have it driving before the first snow of this year. I will have more time to work on it soon tho.

Comment

What kind of pressure do you run in them for street driving?

I have 33x13.50.15 S S Ltb's

Comment

Working...
                              X