weld on beadlocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weld on beadlocks

Just finished the install of a weld on beadlock kit. I have the tire mounted surface ground flat but wondered if anyone had leak problems and used silicone. When I broke a tire down that I blew the bead on last week I found enough mud to fill up a 40 oz. bottle inside. Gonna dump a 1/4 bag (sarges idea) of airsoft pellets in each tire before starting the bolt tightening party. Nice weather today to do some outdoor welding! :o I think I lost 5 lbs.!
    sigpic

leaks..... yes
    always put half the bolts in (16 of 32) and used soapy water
    to find the holes , mark them and unbolt the lock while it is still on
    vehicle, tack up holes and go on
    last set was for tinbeater we had 1 hole for 4 wheels
    wasn't bad
    For you guys who can't drive, I have owned a frame rack for several years. Prices are based on your skill and ability to wreck it....

Comment

i put tractor tubes n a set years ago, but my welding skills were HORRIBLE then
      Last edited by cheapthrills49; 08-24-2008, 10:29 AM.
      sigpicI EAT BURRITOS ON EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Got air soft pellets in the tires now and have to get a gun to shoot the leftover pellets. These tires and rims are starting to get really heavy with the added bits. Gonna have to upgrade the inner shafts soon.
        sigpic

Comment

What ft. lbs. should the bolts (3/8-16) be tightened to?
          sigpic

Comment

german torque... GutenTeight

Comment

Originally posted by carwash View Post
              german torque... GutenTeight
              Sounds like 80-100 ft. lbs. translated.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 94Dodge Truggy View Post
                Sounds like 80-100 ft. lbs. translated.
                80-100 is way too tight. Most instructions I have seen are less than 20 ft-lbs. Also, most people with weld-on kits usually put a layer of silicone over the welds, unless you are really confident you can do an air tight weld.

Comment

Originally posted by blazerbrad View Post
                  80-100 is way too tight. Most instructions I have seen are less than 20 ft-lbs. Also, most people with weld-on kits usually put a layer of silicone over the welds, unless you are really confident you can do an air tight weld.
                  I have them at 30 ft. lbs now and the rubber gets a bit squished to say the least.
                  sigpic

Comment

I put a bead of RTV around the weld and let it set up for a while before mounting the tires and outer ring. Never had a leak

Comment

Working...
                    X