80-120 dc air switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80-120 dc air switch

Where can I find a dc air pressure switch for 80 -120 psi. ? Making another onboard air setup. I need it to turn on and off the jeep compressor when it goes from roughly 80 to 120 psi. and it needs to be d.c. also. Last time I did this I found one on ebay but have had no luck recently. Trying to get this done before the W.V. trip! Thanks, Scott
    sigpic

most air pressure switches are just a mechanical type relay and will run on any voltage. check mcmaster-carr. they should have what you need and you can get most things by the next day with ground shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by eighty3bronco View Post
      most air pressure switches are just a mechanical type relay and will run on any voltage. check mcmaster-carr. they should have what you need and you can get most things by the next day with ground shipping.
      Looked on their site first and found nothing that was DC. Also found nothing in my range of psi. either.
      Last edited by 94Dodge Truggy; 09-12-2008, 07:02 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

Not the pressures you wanted but.

http://www.kilbyenterprises.com/psw1.htm
        1994 YJ, 4.0, 5 speed.

*2006 Dodge 2500 Cummins, 4x4 Auto,Quad cab, LongBed, Tekonsha Prodigy(Tow Rig)

Comment

grainger is where i got mine
          One of these days Zuk 2.0

Comment

Originally posted by Flxratd View Post
            grainger is where i got mine
            Part # or any info?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 94Dodge Truggy View Post
              Part # or any info?
              checking on the # would you like me to install also ill let know in a little bit
              One of these days Zuk 2.0

Comment

Originally posted by Flxratd View Post
                checking on the # would you like me to install also ill let know in a little bit
                How much do you charge? :( This job requires drilling and taping a round piece of 316 stainless steel with a 1/4 npt tap. Then you have to turn a wrench about 6 times and snap a plug on the end of the sensor. Should not take more than 5 minutes.
                sigpic

Comment

I have one of these Viar pressure switches that I'm going to use on my onboard air project when I get around to it. It seems to be a good part...nice heavy gauge wires, feels solid. Has a built in 12v relay.

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Towing-To..._pn=V%2fA90113
                  88 4Runner, 350 V8 swap in progress

http://staff.4x4wire.com/adamf

Comment

Found the one I was looking for on 4x4 connection!!! Yaaaay
                    sigpic

Comment

just because it says 120v does not mean that that is what it can run at. The switch is rated for that but at the same time can handle different voltages. We use alot of mechanical switches at work that say 120v but we are running 24vdc through it.

Comment

Yeah I am running off of 4WheelParts actaully. I looked at Viair but I god a better deal at 4WP.com
                        88 XJ - 5" lift - 35" BFG's - Bumpers - Rock Rails - Homebrewed OBA - Roof Rack - Tube Doors - Trimmed - Dented

87 XJ - D44 - Disco D30 - 235's - 231TC - Stock for now

Comment

I have the Viair 150-110 and it works perfectly.

Comment

Working...
                          X