Fab Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fab Parts

I need two weldable D-ring mounts. I looked at BTF's website and they want $25 a piece. They're nice being CNC'd, beveled and milled to be welded to tubing, but I don't need them that nice. Anyone have any ideas as to where I can get them cheaper? For $25 a piece I'd almost make them myself.

i probably have something here
    For you guys who can't drive, I have owned a frame rack for several years. Prices are based on your skill and ability to wreck it....

Comment

Tractor supply.
      sigpic

Comment

x2 on TSC.

Comment

i've never seen weld-on clevis mounts at TSC. i have seen weld-on d-rings like this...

But i believe he is looking for this type of mount...

the top one can be had from norther tool for about 10 bucks, and it's 5/8. the bottom one is form atoz fab for about $30.

Comment

I machine the bottom ones for 16.00 each. Let me know if you want some.
            sigpic

Comment

Yep, I meant weldable clevis mounts. Thanks Mike.

Truggy, I will take 2. Let me know when you can make them.

Comment

i was wrong, went back and looked, the ones from a to z fab are $25 and that is for a pair. here is the page they are on....

http://www.atozfabrication.com/catal...ount-p-77.html

Comment

Just an FYI to anyone thinking of buying these - this is the kind of thing that can get someone killed, so if you plan on using weld-on D-Ring mounts, make sure they're welded on by a pro. I do a bunch of welding & I am NOT confident in myself that I would use these. If I was using/making weld-on mounts I would make the kind that welds thru the material to the back side as well & weld it there too.

A good hard tug on one of these with a poor weld would make a deadly metal projectile on the end of a strap.

Comment

Awesome, Thanks Mike,... sorry Truggy. I'll order those this evening.

Comment

Not buying locally to save 2 dollars and now shipping charges? WOW.
                      sigpic

Comment

Fine then, I'll buy them locally. I'll take two of them. Can you have them machined by Friday? I'd like to pick them up between Friday and Sunday as I'll be out in New Richmond all weekend. Let me know when you can have them machined and when you're available.

Comment

They will be completed friday morning. I can leave them at my shop to pick up in a safe place. I will send you the direcions.
                          sigpic

Comment

if someone can get them to exit # 9 , off I 75
                            sometime , i gan get them to New Richmond...
                            For you guys who can't drive, I have owned a frame rack for several years. Prices are based on your skill and ability to wreck it....

Comment

Thanks for the offer Rob.

I guess we'll have to wait to see how things work out.

Comment

Working...
                              X