good god broke pretty much all body mount bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good god broke pretty much all body mount bolts

Well i was trying to get the body mounts off so I can lift the body up a few inches so I could have room for the frame repair. 3 bolts broke off and 2 just spin broke the threaded plate cage loose on top. What is the fix for this?

This is common. I have never done a body lift install or take-off where at least half the bolts didn't break or strip.

Cut the ones you can't get off with a sawzall. replace with better bolts.

Comment

Originally posted by carwash View Post
      This is common. I have never done a body lift install or take-off where at least half the bolts didn't break or strip.

Cut the ones you can't get off with a sawzall. replace with better bolts.
      How the hell so I get the broken part of the bolt out? Drill it out? Or is there away you can actually get to the top of the bolt?

Comment

You have to cut an opening in the floor to get to the nut it's incapsulated . Then just cut it out with a chisel or wizz wheel once your done and have installed new nuts and bolts weld up the floor , rattle can the welds and call it done.

Comment

Actually the best way I have found to do it is the get as many bolts out as possible, then the ones you can not get out jack the tub up and cut the square plate that the bolt threads into out. This will be in a mount channel. After this is done drill through the floor of the jeep where you removed the "old square piece" and get carriage bolts to replace the old mounting bolts. You can use hex bolts if you do not want a more flush mount in the floor.
          sigpic

Keep them on all 4's

Comment

Working...
          X