tracker motor in a sammi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tracker motor in a sammi?

i'm buying a sami based buggy. currently it is running the 1.3 carbed still with a manual tranny. how hard a swap is it to put a tracker engine in it? will i need to make motor mounts? don't know squat about zukes, just curious as to how much work it is to make it fit. i'm hoping to swap an auto with the motor at the same time, so not worried about adapting the tranny.

thanx,
    greg
    Last edited by mckeddie; 04-11-2007, 10:50 PM.
    zuk buggy.....it'll be a jeep eventually.

Keep the jeep unless you like creating things. Come to the next meeting and usually a big ol possy of knowledgeable zuk guys are around talkin.
    sigpic

Comment

I emailed tinbeater on the board here
      i helped him put a 1.6 where a 1.3 used to be
      i know we used dakota motor mounts
      he will chime in i am sure

tracker is fuel injected?
      For you guys who can't drive, I have owned a frame rack for several years. Prices are based on your skill and ability to wreck it....

Comment

yeah, the tracker is fuel injected. the sami has the frame from the motor mounts to just behind the seats still.

getting rid of the jeep b/c i'm tired of working on it. bought a set of 60's, beadlocks, and everything to 4 link the front this winter. started parting out the old stuff off the YJ (d44 9" wheels, suspesion stuff). anyways, got some of the stuff sold, then a couple of days later i have an offer on the entire jeep, so i get the jeep put all back together (bought new wheels, and suspesion stuff b/c i just sold the old a couple of days before). guy drags it out for like a week b/c our schedules were conflicting. anyways, day i'm supposed to meet him, i'm loading the jeep with notarized title in hand, and get a call from the guy saying he changed his mind. i've had the jeep for 10 years, and have just decided i want something else smaller, lighter, and more agile. found a zuke based buggy in alabama i'm in love with, so now the jeep is going no matter what, and that buggy will be mine. i'm just not sure about a carb. i've always had fuel injection, and i really love the added gearing from the torque converter of an auto, so i figure i will probably swap em out asap.

Comment

I got a sami based buggy chassis sitting here
          has never been together
          is just the chassis
          I believe that Travis Roark from Roark fab works built it
          sometime back
          come look
          For you guys who can't drive, I have owned a frame rack for several years. Prices are based on your skill and ability to wreck it....

Comment

If you are gonna use the 1.6L tracker engine, you will need the following:
            wiring harness
            engine
            dodge motor mounts
            EFI fuel pump
            ECM

plus, if you are gonna still use the sammi 5sp tranny, you will need teh bellhousing adapter plate which sells for about $100.

If you intend on using the tracker auto tranny, you wont nee dthe plate but you will need to modify the sammi tranny tunnel to get it to fit right.

I've got a friend in middeltown who is running the tracker engine, tranny, and tcase, then he has a sammi tcase behind it. crazy low gearing, I think it's like 200:1 crawl ratio. This guy also modifies the tracker wiring harness for the swap pretty cheap. If you are interested, let me know and I'll send ya his email address. He has done 5 or 6 1.6L 16v swaps so he knows his stuff when it comes to the swap

Hope this helps!
            Nolan

Comment

he wouldn't happen to be running toy axles and 37" boggers with like calmini rear springs on the rear 4 link and SOA front with yota springs would he? i may have wheeled with him if it is the same guy, can't think of his name off of the top of my head though.

Comment

that sounds like Adam's rig. well his old rig anyhow. His new rig he is running 22re w/ yota tranny and tcases' / yota axles with chromoly birfs 5.38's locked front and rear/ yota springs up front and 1/4 ecliptical rear springs. it's pretty sweet setup.

but no, that isnt him, its another friend of ours that does the wiring. he did the wiring for Adam's 22re swap too.

Nolan

Comment

that's him, i forgot his name, just remembered his email was zuke_ram or something like that. i was mistaken though, his old rig ran spridertrax springs out back.

greg

Comment

Working...
                  X