Clear All

• truck won't start

Bronco won't start

wouldn't start mon. morning and still won't start
    I thought it might have been frozen gas line with that cold weather
    but it's getting gas and getting spark

what to check next any ideas ?????
    86 Ford Bronco

fuel, spark, air that's all it needs to atleast sputter. Clearify it won't start.

Comment

Originally posted by SixFtUnd View Post
      wouldn't start mon. morning and still won't start
      Does it routinely fix itself?

Definitely need more data...
      brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
      Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

timing
        For you guys who can't drive, I have owned a frame rack for several years. Prices are based on your skill and ability to wreck it....

Comment

more info humm
          lets see
          it cranks over but won't start I don't really know anything else to say

I'll try and check the timing I guess the chain could have jumped a tooth
          86 Ford Bronco

Comment

Check the other electronics in the distributor. I.e. Cap, rotor, spark module.
            78 CJ-7, 350 V8, T-18a Tranny, Twin Stick Dana 300, Scout 44's, 4.27 Gears, 36" TSL's, Welded rear and Full Spool Front, Hi-Steer with GM Knuckles

Comment

new plugs ,wires, cap, and button got it going also put a new Ignition modual but timing is off it was realy rough and would die I don't have a timing light but I ajusted the distibutor so it is runnung but kinda rought still
              so would that mean the timing chain jumped a tooth?
              86 Ford Bronco

Comment

You may have fowled a plug if one of the other items was bad. Try pulling the plugs out and checking them. If they are bad the truck would run terrible.
                78 CJ-7, 350 V8, T-18a Tranny, Twin Stick Dana 300, Scout 44's, 4.27 Gears, 36" TSL's, Welded rear and Full Spool Front, Hi-Steer with GM Knuckles

Comment

Originally posted by SixFtUnd View Post
                  new plugs ,wires, cap, and button got it going also put a new Ignition modual but timing is off it was realy rough and would die I don't have a timing light but I ajusted the distibutor so it is runnung but kinda rought still
                  so would that mean the timing chain jumped a tooth?
                  Vaccum leak, Fuel pressure, timing issue......................
                  91 fj 80 on 37 Nitto Muds with a 10k winch. Cage and sliders coming soon.

Comment

I had a bronco that liked to kill ignition modules. Is the truck carbed or FI.
                    Put a timing light on it and see where your timing is at, I am not sure but it should be around 9 degrees with a stock cam. If it is way off try and get it close to that if you cant most likly its a stretched chain, you could have jumped a tooth but I have never seen that.

Comment

carbed I have it running I just need a timing light to get it back in I guess

would like to have it running right for the 1st
                      86 Ford Bronco

Comment

Working...
                      X