Leafspring again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leafspring again!

OK peeps, I broke another leafspring :( (the driverside this time) front eyelet.
    I've seen a few mentions of using the leafs off of a dodge van but not what kind of dodge van. Does anyone have that info?
    Romans 7-8

I used the leaves from a mid 90's dakota pickup to get 4 inch of lift. I had to use my xj main spring and I cut the dakota main spring to fit and used all but the overload spring from the dakota pack. not sure about van springs though

Comment

sounds like you may want to stop buying things from a junk yard and get something with a warranty. like into military wrap springs.

Comment

so I need to take the whole Cherokee back?:confused: Since they are the stock springs that came on the rig.:( and I got the last replacement from Sarge. (many thanks again Sarge) I've read about the dakota springs but some where out there is info on using a van leaf because it is longer behind the centerpin and gives a better rear shackle angle. Someone out there knows!
        Romans 7-8

Comment

I have never heard of a van springs except, Astro/safari coil van springs make a good setup for if/when you want to go coils and linked. I have heard of regular use with waggy, dakota and F150 (these have recently become pretty popular).

Sorry I can't help you any more than that.

Comment

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=949841

Robert
            DIRTY DEEDS, DONE DIRT CHEAP
            Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger

Comment

Originally posted by cincygman View Post
              so I need to take the whole Cherokee back?:confused: Since they are the stock springs that came on the rig.:( and I got the last replacement from Sarge. (many thanks again Sarge) I've read about the dakota springs but some where out there is info on using a van leaf because it is longer behind the centerpin and gives a better rear shackle angle. Someone out there knows!
              i also thought that people were using s10 leaf packs and adding to the xj main spring ? fiscus should chime in since he has done many xj setups
              One of these days Zuk 2.0

Comment

Man, I just spent 45 minutes reading the NAXJA thread and I still don't have the final solution:confused: but they did mention S10 springpacks also. Thanks for the help guys, I'll keep searching
                Romans 7-8

Comment

I used S10 on mine. They work great just don't use too many.
                  2006 Chevy Tahoe Z71
                  2010 Harley Street Glide

Comment

Your rig has a real nice stance to it, even when its got a tree wedged into the front fender:) (new years day) So how many leafs did you use and what combination, all S10 or just the S10 main leaf? Did you end up with more lift? So many questions, so little patience
                    Romans 7-8

Comment

yes post more info on the S-10 packs , I seem to be killing the XJ packs way to quickly . the wrangler has a bad lean because one of my packs is weak , after one trip to 909. I'm going to add a leaf from something , just don't no what yet.

Comment

i used my xj main then alternated with the s10 and xj all the way down. Second leaf is the s10 main with the eyes cut off. I have 6 in there now and it's too stiff so i'm going to probably take one of the s10's out. I'll see if i can find the pics to add. It added around 4" or so of lift.

I know not of this tree you talk about.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Rubi06; 02-14-2009, 12:23 AM. Reason: add pics
                        2006 Chevy Tahoe Z71
                        2010 Harley Street Glide

Comment

Originally posted by lilbluexj View Post
                          I have 6 in there now and it's too stiff...
                          Reminds me of Sarge's old Yellow XJ-ish rig in the '03 video...
                          with me, running for my life when it spit a yoke/output on Big Wally...

good times.
                          brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
                          Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

HA , now that was a stiff ride ....... I can still see it in slow motion .... OH wait it was in slow motion on the video ....

Comment

i dont think that was sarge's on big wally... that was a brown one i thought, someone that came along with sarge's brother or something... does sarge even have a brother?

Comment

Working...
                              X