trans. no shift at w.o.t.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trans. no shift at w.o.t.

I have recently purchased a 2000 dodge dakota r/t from a salvage yard (with a 5.9 360 v8 and 46re auto) and finally got it up and on the road. Problem is that at wide open throttle it revs out and bangs off the rev limiter and will not shift into 2nd until I get off the skinny pedal. If I drive it around at normal city driving throttle it shifts fine. While in 3rd gear if I hammer down it shifts to 1st and again will not shift to 2nd until I ease off the pedal. This is a huge problem because this truck will frequently see w.o.t. at the track. Any ideas? :confused: I am going to adjust the tv cable and see what happens.
    sigpic

throttle position sensor.
    mopar +4 fluids.

ask tinbeater he can get answers from
    techs at his work...
    For you guys who can't drive, I have owned a frame rack for several years. Prices are based on your skill and ability to wreck it....

Comment

As you already mentioned, try adjusting the TV cable. That is definitely a sympton of a misadjusted TV cable. If I remember correctly, the 46RE still has bands that need adjusted for normal maintenance but is seems this rarely gets done.

Comment

Originally posted by blazerbrad View Post
        As you already mentioned, try adjusting the TV cable. That is definitely a sympton of a misadjusted TV cable. If I remember correctly, the 46RE still has bands that need adjusted for normal maintenance but is seems this rarely gets done.
        I bet the bands do need adjusted. I have never done this before and the shops I deal with do not like to do this probably due to job security!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 94Dodge Truggy View Post
          adjust the tv cable and see what happens.
          Switch to satellite and get rid of cable.
          I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

Originally posted by tjjeepjeep View Post
            seems obvious now
            One of these days Zuk 2.0

Comment

Originally posted by tjjeepjeep View Post
              Satellite is less reliable which is kind of like georges ford! (sorry George! :o )
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 94Dodge Truggy View Post
                Satellite is less reliable which is kind of like georges ford! (sorry George! :o )

Said the guy with the broke Dodge.

Comment

It sounds like a modulator but I don't even know if the newer Dodges still have them.

Comment

My 700r4 in the camaro would do that while on the spray ( OF COURSE ONLY AT THE TRACK ), it ended up being the springs in the gov. were too week to over come the high line pressures at wot.

Comment

Originally posted by sarge View Post
                      My 700r4 in the camaro would do that while on the spray ( OF COURSE ONLY AT THE TRACK ), it ended up being the springs in the gov. were too week to over come the high line pressures at wot.
                      This truck is a 408 forged stroker that once was on the bottle and maybe it was setup wrong or broken from a beating.
                      Last edited by 94Dodge Truggy; 02-16-2009, 09:53 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Only stupid people pay for cable (did I type that out loud?)

Sounds like TV cable, that was my first instinct before I read that you were going to try it............

I hear dead poeple............................................ ...................

Oh that was a good one Lisa
                        Romans 7-8

Comment

I can help. PM. sent.

Comment

Awww, man.... I saw Tinbeater in the "replied last" and thought to myself "YES!, some real tech in this thread..." to find this...

:(

Just kidding, and still interested in the Tech of this one...
                            brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
                            Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

Adjusting the bands is pretty easy to do. The most time consuming part is pulling the pan, so at least it gives you a good excuse to change the fluid and filter.

It's been a couple years since I had to mess with one so can't remember the exact procedure but there is a good write up in the factory service manual.

Comment

Working...
                              X