Badlands 2/21/09 run!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Badlands 2/21/09 run!

A group of CORE wheelere and some others are headed to the badlands in Attica, Indiana this weekend. Most are leaving early, very early saturday morning to be at the gates at 9am when they open up. Some are spending the night and wheeling into sunday also. The forecast is 26 degrees, windy and 70% chance of snow. (perfect for ample traction) Here is a list of those going and a list of the ones who chicken out!

Going;

Flxrated
    Truggy
    Mudstud
    Jamie

Not attending;

84toyota (george)
    Carwash
    Kargomaster
    Tjjeepjeep
    Last edited by 94Dodge Truggy; 02-20-2009, 06:33 AM. Reason: cuz
    sigpic

Not sure if i'll be able to go or not now. Trailer had a tire blow out the other day and the other 3 are dry rotted so I have to get the new tires and an actual matching set of wheels too.
    2006 Chevy Tahoe Z71
    2010 Harley Street Glide

Comment

If it snows I wont be going either, have to plow snow. But, if no one goes on Sat because the roads are bad i would be up for going up on Sunday.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 94Dodge Truggy View Post
        Not attending;

krawlin85toy
        Carwash
        KargoMaster
        I deserve that.
        brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
        Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

I'm not gonna make this trip...maybe next one...
          I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile........then walk into a pole.

Comment

:) It will be 48 degrees in livingston Kentucky this saturday! 28 in attica Indiana :(
            sigpic

Comment

HHHMMM and Livingston is free and you can wheel 24/7 .....no brainer in my book .. You guys have fun where ever you end up .

Comment

snow wheeling at attica could be rought i would think, watch where your going in the woods, we had water coming in through the floor boards last weekend more than once, that would suck in 20 degree weather when you break through the ice!

greg
                zuk buggy.....it'll be a jeep eventually.

Comment

The badlands run consisted of 4 core members. Bob,Scott A,Scott P and jamie with newly modified zuk on 39.5 tires. Well obviously it was cold but the wheelin was great. There was about an inch of snow on the ground which added a hole different perspective to climbing the rocks but was actually fun. Covered alot of ground and had alot of fun. Carnage was minimal but consisted of a little more weld on one of jamies lower links, a busted upper cross member on one of my upper rear links which a quick trip over to the fab shop and $10 i was back at it and then a busted front driveshaft on paters on top of a vw sized rock which required not one but both zuks to remove from rock. Bob did very well in the jk. Paters driveshaft made loading his monster a little challenging and resulted in breaking the one remaining cable on the rear door of his trailer which makes it real heavy(so if i dont hear anything from him in a couple days i will be checking under the door of his trailer . Could have been warmer but great day of wheeling.

p.s pater has pics so we will never see any proof of this trip
                  One of these days Zuk 2.0

Comment

Had a great time except for the last leg of the trip. We all really put our rigs to the test and hit all the crazy lines at the quarry. I am renaming the "Badlands" name to the"Windlands" From 4:30pm to 5:30 pm things began to get expensive and damn near costed me my truck, trailer and jeep on the ride home. I broke the 2nd cable that helps to take all the weight off the door while trying to get the 2wd jeep over the wheel wells. Now the jeep is wedged in the trailer (barn) with a 400lb. rear door that has no assistance from the springs and should be fun to open. I am going to open it up frigin quick and get the hell out of its way! Then the forklift will have to lift it out with a bit of tugging. Guessing overhead door or tom raper will have to fix this since those springs are a bit touchy to tension. I have some great pics. and stories to share at the meeting of the trip.
                    sigpic

Comment

so did they charge you the extra $20 for your extra half hour you were there?

greg
                      zuk buggy.....it'll be a jeep eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by mckeddie View Post
                        so did they charge you the extra $20 for your extra half hour you were there?

greg
                        Got out at 5pm. The trailer incident was on rt 41 before 74 at 5:30.
                        sigpic

Comment

glad to hear youre not stuck under the trailer door yet

Comment

Originally posted by Flxratd View Post
                            glad to hear youre not stuck under the trailer door yet
                            thinking about tensioning the door spring this weekend and reinstalling the cables.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 94Dodge Truggy View Post
                              thinking about tensioning the door spring this weekend and reinstalling the cables.
                              both ? i can help ya not scared of flying cable-----yet :confused:

Comment

Working...
                              X