Jeep CJ Transmission Mount Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeep CJ Transmission Mount Replacement

I am getting ready to replace the transmission mount in my CJ7. I noticed it has a steel bar between the mount and the transfer case.

Should I leave this steel bar on it or remove it and just put the new mount in its place?

Thanks,
    FmLewis

leave it in there... IMO

Often it is used to "tension" the poly/rubber of the mount... Horrible explanation, but I think you get what I'm saying...
    I would need to see a pic to know the specifics in your case, but that's my guess.
    brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
    Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

The new bushing from energy suspension came with a tension plate that the instructions say to install.

My Tcase is a Dana300 the bar I am talking about is a about 12 inches in length and 2.5inches in width. This bar has rolled edges almost like a c-channel but not as deep.

I am thinking about leaving it mounted there since it shouldn't really hurt anything, assuming the driveline angles are still acceptable.

Comment

that bar helps with the twist of the tcase. On the far end of it, it should have a hole with a bushing it as well that mounts to the skid plate. The reason it is long is to counteract the rotational force of the tcase under load.

Keep it in there, and find you a bushing for the far end. The bushing rides on a custom bushing specific bolt... let me see if i can find some pics.

Comment

Ohhhh, the torque arm thing... sorry, wasn't getting that.

Yeah, keep that.
          brad

5.0L | 435 | 203 | 300 | 4.10 | 39.5
          Buildup BACK underway...

sigpic

Comment

that's what it sounds like he describing to me.

Comment

the torque arm is what I am talking about. sorry about that.

thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
              X